From: Andy Carlson midcenturyandy@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Mon, Mar 30, 2015 7:00 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Red Caboose is not "No More"

Though Red Caboose has turned over all marketing, distribution and manufacturing of Red Caboose products, only the RTR items are done this way by agreement.

Red Caboose continues to offer parts and kits, though the last 8 months have been difficult for RC, and orders for parts and kits are delayed.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Tony Thompson

Rich Orr wrote:

This is not entirely correct.  I spoke with IM last Friday to place an order and asked what was going on with RC as I have a client who wants a number of undec RC kits.  I was told 1) all the N-scale stock and dies have been sold to Fox Valley, and 2) parts and undec kits are no longer available from RC.  They are for all intents and purposes closed though the HO line is still for sale.  I did express a concern for the loss of the cars and asked if IM was going to acquire the HO line and was told no decision has been made on that matter.

Part of the HO line is already gone. Dies for the RC Class F-70-7 SP flat cars were acquired by the SP Historical & Technical Society.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Andy Carlson <midcenturyandy@...>

Red Caboose has pared off its O scale and N scale lines, but the HO line is somewhat intact (The SP F-70-7 tooling has been sold) but Bill has been swamped with personal matters for the last 8 months and has not shipped any parts or kits during this time. He and I converse almost monthly, and besides looking to find a buyer for the HO tooling, he intends to continue kits/parts. He will eventually have the private issues behind him and I fully expect to receive items, just don't know when.

Bill has been running parts for the kits on an on-going basis and has a good inventory in his stock. He just doesn't have enough time to box up kits. I don't know how much of this situation he wishes to share, but Bill hasn't once said that he is quitting the kits/parts business as long as the RC line doesn't have a new owner.

-Andy Carlson

paul.doggett2472 <paul.doggett2472@...>

Sent from Samsung mobile

"Andy Carlson midcenturyandy@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

[...]

Red Caboose is truly "no more". Intermountain now owns the Red Caboose HO line of tooling. With the sales of the O scale line years ago, and the N scale line earlier this year, RC is now Gone. I am hopeful that their parts availability will remain from Intermountain, as the RC rectangular panel roof is really needed. I also hope that Intermountain will continue with the Red Caboose/IMWX '37 AAR box car, as it is better than the Intermountain's own '37 AAR box car. We shall see.....
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA