Early Diesel Yahoo Discussion Group?

Bill Welch

Friends, is there a Yahoo group similar to ours that focuses on early Diesels, i.e. covered wagons, B-B road switchers, and the early switchers for EMC/EMD, Baldwin, ALCO, FM, etc. that would look good with our beloved steam era freight cars (mandatory content)?

Bill Welch

spsalso

I did one of those searchy things and found that the search term "diesel" brings up a LOT of groups dedicated to the Vinster.  I am not surprised.  He's probably not, either.  All the way to the bank, folks!

Then I entered "early diesel" and got this:

First Generation Diesel Locomotive's

And I expect they'd love to increase their membership.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

Scott H. Haycock

Bill

I know of 2 Yahoo groups: Alco-BLW- FM Modeler, and Baldwin Locomotive Works, both of which deal with steam and early diesel locomotives built by these companies.

Scott Haycock

Friends, is there a Yahoo group similar to ours that focuses on early Diesels, i.e. covered wagons, B-B road switchers, and the early switchers for EMC/EMD, Baldwin, ALCO, FM, etc. that would look good with our beloved steam era freight cars (mandatory content)?

Bill Welch

mwbauers

This reminds me of the earliest diesels in the Diesel Spotter books that were so unlike the following regular production models.

The peak of this are the proposed PRR diesels from the20's or so that look like the oddest variations on the blocky and streamlined electrics they were running at the time. Fortunately many of those detailed drawings made it onto The Net and would make fantastic operating models.

I don' know if I could find the site again. But I'm sure glad I saved all of them on my hard drive.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi