C&EI decals Mather decals

Charlie Duckworth

I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals available for this car or some that are close?

Charlie Duckworth

Tim O'Connor

Charlie

Protocraft made an HO C&EI box car set but I think it's been discontinued.

Tim

I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals available for this car or some that are close?
Charlie Duckworth

Paul Hillman

Check with the C&EI Historical Society. They have some decals.

Paul Hillman

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:45 PM
Subject: [STMFC] C&EI decals Mather decals

Charlie Duckworth

Charlie Duckworth

Paul
I did before my post, they only carry diesel, passenger and one caboose set. Nothing on boxcars cars.

Charlie Duckworth

Tim O'Connor

Charlie -- contact Ted Culotta. I think he took over printing some of the
HO scale Protocraft decals. If it's the tall skinny letters you want I think
those are what Protocraft did.

Paul
I did before my post, they only carry diesel, passenger and one caboose set. Nothing on boxcars cars.

Charlie Duckworth

pennsylvania1954

Charlie--Look at Ted's Relaunch Decal Set.

“Relaunch” Decal Set | Speedwitch Media

Steve Hoxie
Pensacola FL

Norm Buckhart

no - they are in stock.  Norm at Protocraft

On May 26, 2015, at 11:30 AM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Charlie

Tim

>I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals available for this car or some that are close? 
>Charlie Duckworth

Tim O'Connor

good to know Norm -- but I could not find anything but O scale on the web site

no - they are in stock.  Norm at Protocraft

On May 26, 2015, at 11:30 AM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Charlie

Tim

>I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals available for this car or some that are close?
>Charlie Duckworth

Norm Buckhart

its here: http://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?Categoryid=36

but haven’t posted the C&EI 

Norm

On May 26, 2015, at 3:52 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

good to know Norm -- but I could not find anything but O scale on the web site

no - they are in stock.  Norm at Protocraft

On May 26, 2015, at 11:30 AM, Tim O'Connortimboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Charlie

Tim

>Charlie Duckworth

Ray Breyer

I'd like to decal my HO P2k Mather boxcar as a C&EI car. Are there any decals
available for this car or some that are close?
Charlie Duckworth

What year are you looking at? The C&EI got their 40' Mather boxcars at some point between 1926 and 1930, and they lasted to about 1954. In the 1920s, the C&EI didn't use the large initials on their cars; otherwise, you'll need the "thin" ones, made by Ted Culotta, Westerfield, or Champ.

These cars disappeared from the C&EI's roster shortly after 1951, so it's likely that you'll need to backdate them to K brakes and stemwinders, and may also need to add two trussrods (earlier 40' Mather cars had 'em).

Regards,

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

Charlie Duckworth

Ray
Thanks for the background on these cars.  My cutoff date is 1954 so this car will be retired from the layout.

Charlie Duckworth