UP in Kansas

Tim O'Connor

some classic freight cars from 1955 in the beginning of
the movie "Picnic" ... if you get bored you can watch lots
of other movies too. I watched Forbidden Planet earlier. :-)

http://ffilms.org//?s=kim+novak

Tim O'Connor

mwbauers

From what its doing to my computer as it is sent to all sorts of other sites when I repeatedly try to start the video............

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE UNLESS YOU CAN SUPPRESS ITS ON PAGE JAVASCRIPT MALWARE.... !!!

First trick it uses is you -must- -not- click the start button within the film view window.

You -must- instead click on the 'Watch Now' on the right side of the page........

Then.......

You -must- sign up for an account to be able to view the film.

This is just my opinion......... But I hope I never see this cursed, twisted, damned site ever again !!!

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On Jun 4, 2015, at 11:19 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

some classic freight cars from 1955 in the beginning of
the movie "Picnic" ... if you get bored you can watch lots
of other movies too. I watched Forbidden Planet earlier. :-)

http://ffilms.org//?s=kim+novak

Tim O'Connor

Tom Madden

It's been years since I watched "Picnic", but I can't imagine watching it, even now, and not giving all my attention to Kim Novak. Saw it when it was first released. I do remember the freight train rolling by, but of course the rolling stock was contemporary at the time so it was just moving scenery.

Tom Madden

mwbauers

I just looked up the location of the registered site.

It's in " Vienna Austria "........... a place where English is not the native language.

So why are the American movies there, on an English site?

Just wondering......... maybe others will as well ?

Now I used a Mac........ Lord knows what it will try to do to a Windows PC.

Best to ya...
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi, USA

On Jun 4, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Mike Bauers wrote:

Then.......

You -must- sign up for an account to be able to view the film.

This is just my opinion......... But I hope I never see this cursed, twisted, damned site ever again !!!

Tim O'Connor

Mike, sorry you had problems with the web site. I have an XP PC and
have had zero problems with ff.org, no malware etc etc -- the videos are
Flash (Adobe) and I play them directly (I never download stuff to my PC).
Also I don't log in or share any information with the site. I use Firefox
with Adblock (both of which have large bad web site blacklists built in).
You may have problems if you run an anti-virus. Most anti-virus software
is viral itself -- I had a heck of a time eradicating Kaspersky Anti-Virus
from my PC! You really don't need it if you're a careful web user and have
a router firewall.

Video sharing is rampant, illegal, and unstoppable. Almost any movie you
can name is available online and there are dozens of good web sites. Free Films
is one I frequent because it is reliable. Putlocker is another. My kids showed
me these sites, I had no idea -- You just plug the laptop into the TV's HDMI
port and away you go!

I also watched Bad Day At Black Rock the other day -- Awesome flick that
features five minutes of beautiful photography of SP black widow F units
and Daylight painted passenger cars. And it's a great classic movie.

Tim O'Connor

I just looked up the location of the registered site.
It's in " Vienna Austria "........... a place where English is not the native language.
So why are the American movies there, on an English site?
Just wondering......... maybe others will as well ?
Now I used a Mac........ Lord knows what it will try to do to a Windows PC.
Mike Bauers

mwbauers

Thank you Tim,

I’m going through a slew of problems with Java-script page redirects on my phone and the frustration sort of bubbles over for me when I see the same trick coding is now penetrating the computer browser Internet as well. My only recourse on the phone is to ban the intermediate trigger sites that funnel me to the annoying [app-game] sale sites. Which works until they later change those redirection sites.

I’m going to follow your suggestions and arm up Firefox with its anti-malware plug-ins. Mac-Safari is just not catching up to the latest trick site coding, fast enough.

I really like those flicks and once I arm my Foxfire, I’ll give it another go. I understand similar plug-in add-ons make Firefox and your computer almost bullet proof with Facebook and if you dedicate an install of Firefox to be a tricked out Facebook tool, you won’t have Facebook tracking you through your normal Internet use on your ‘main’ browser as well as having a much reduced bookmark file for FaceBook to mine. I’ve already set up a Firefox for that, I’ll add a bit more in needed plug-ins to it and use it for any sites that act like this one……… and maybe view a lot of the good old flicks of this site through it.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jun 5, 2015, at 10:28 AM, Tim O'Connor  wrote:

Mike, sorry you had problems with the web site. I have an XP PC and
have had zero problems with ff.org, no malware etc etc -- the videos are
Flash (Adobe) and I play them directly (I never download stuff to my PC).
Also I don't log in or share any information with the site. I use Firefox
with Adblock (both of which have large bad web site blacklists built in).
You may have problems if you run an anti-virus. Most anti-virus software
is viral itself -- I had a heck of a time eradicating Kaspersky Anti-Virus
from my PC! You really don't need it if you're a careful web user and have
a router firewall.

Video sharing is rampant, illegal, and unstoppable. Almost any movie you
can name is available online and there are dozens of good web sites. Free Films
is one I frequent because it is reliable. Putlocker is another. My kids showed
me these sites, I had no idea -- You just plug the laptop into the TV's HDMI
port and away you go!

I also watched Bad Day At Black Rock the other day -- Awesome flick that
features five minutes of beautiful photography of SP black widow F units
and Daylight painted passenger cars. And it's a great classic movie.

Tim O'Connor

>I just looked up the location of the registered site.
>It's in " Vienna Austria "........... a place where English is not the native language.
>So why are the American movies there, on an English site?
>Just wondering......... maybe others will as well ?
>Now I used a Mac........ Lord knows what it will try to do to a Windows PC.
>Mike Bauers

Tony Thompson

Mike Bauers wrote:

I’m going through a slew of problems with Java-script page redirects on my phone  . . .

      Um, Mike, not a freight car topic. If you meant to reply just to Tim, you now have to edit the "sender" address, as Yahoo automatically adds the group address.
(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

mwbauers

Sorry, I mis-sent that…..

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Jun 5, 2015, at 1:27 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:

Mike Bauers wrote:

I’m going through a slew of problems with Java-script page redirects on my phone  . . .

      Um, Mike, not a freight car topic. If you meant to reply just to Tim, you now have to edit the "sender" address, as Yahoo automatically adds the group address.
Tony Thompson

Mikebrock

Mike Bauer responds to Tony Thompson's note that Bauer's message about various PC software systems is not a frt car message with:

"Sorry, I mis-sent that�.."

Which just barely kept him from being placed in Moderate Jail...along with a few others. In fact the message welcoming him to his cell was already written. I did feel that we should first remove some of the signs of the recent occupants of the cell [ actually, rats ] before the welcoming ceremony and Mike's apologizing message beat us to the punch. However, I'm certain that we'll be able to use the cell soon.

Mike Brock
Head Jailer

mwbauers

And thank you for pointing me to the new Yahoo link that sends replies directly to the previous poster.

Somehow that was hidden well enough in the woods that I hadn’t seen it before and had been using a much more clumsy way of responding to just the sender.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi