Bondic Adhesive

Paul Hillman

Saw today for the first time an ad for Bondic Adhesive. Sounds possibly amazing for model work. Stays fluid until set with UV light. Void-filling, sandable, etc. Checked it out a little. Not sure about all that it bonds with other than plastics ??? Looks expensive.

I'm sure someone on this group is familiar with it.

Paul Hillman

jeralbin@...

I have been using, when the need arises, Solarez UV-cure Fly Tying Resins. One three pack comes in thin hard, thick hard and flex grades in 5 gram tubes. This brand and type resin cures hard, not sticky like some I have tried. For the UV source, I picked up a cheap dental 5 watt wireless LED curing light 2000mw on Amazon. I also have a different wavelength UV flashlight. Regards...Jerry Albin, Homer Glen, Illinois

Charles Peck

When adhering one opaque piece to another opaque piece, how can the center area
become hardened when the UV light cannot reach it?
Chuck Peck in FL

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 5:52 AM, jeralbin@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I have been using, when the need arises, Solarez UV-cure Fly Tying Resins. One three pack comes in thin hard, thick hard and flex grades in 5 gram tubes. This brand and type resin cures hard, not sticky like some I have tried. For the UV source, I picked up a cheap dental 5 watt wireless LED curing light 2000mw on Amazon. I also have a different wavelength UV flashlight. Regards...Jerry Albin, Homer Glen, Illinois

jeralbin@...

 I do not use UV cure adhesive for bonding large flat parts. Other adhesives are better suited for that. I only use UV for tiny fussy parts like retainer valves, running board end supports, brake platform supports, etc. It takes me forever to get those tiny parts in correct alignment. At my age, I tend to shake. The UV resin waits till I’m ready, then I zap it with the UV light. I also use the hard thick resin to make convex fiber optic signal lenses.   Regards...Jerry Albin Homer Glen, Illinois