Broadway Limited 6000 gallon chemical tank car

genegreen1942@...

I am going to order Variety Pack A of the 6000 gallon tank cars from Broadway Ltd. so I can get the Ethyl Corporation tank car.

Variety Pack A includes Brown Company, Shippers Car Line, Ethyl Corp., and Stauffer Chemical.  The Stauffer Chemical tank car has the full platform while the Brown Company and Shippers Car Line do not.

If anyone would like to buy one or more of the other three cars (Brown, Shippers or Stauffer), once they have arrived and I've received mine, I'll let them go for $25 each plus shipping.

Gene Green

Out in the Badlands of New Mexico

Tony Thompson

Gene Green wrote:

I am going to order Variety Pack A of the 6000 gallon tank cars from Broadway Ltd. so I can get the Ethyl Corporation tank car.  If anyone would like to buy one or more of the other three cars (Brown, Shippers or Stauffer), once they have arrived and I've received mine, I'll let them go for $25 each plus shipping.

   Does anyone want to split up any of the other BLI four-packs? I might be interested in participating.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Bill Welch

Gene, yes please, I want the Brown tank car, a Virginia company.

Bill Welch

SUVCWORR@...

Tony,

I am a BLI dealer and I will be splitting the 4 packs to sell single cars.  Just let me know what you want.

I generally price 10% over my cost plus shipping and I do not yet know what the discount will be on these as BLI has variable discounts on their products.

Rich Orr

I am going to order Variety Pack A of the 6000 gallon tank cars from Broadway Ltd. so I can get the Ethyl Corporation tank car.   If anyone would like to buy one or more of the other three cars (Brown, Shippers or Stauffer), once they have arrived and I've received mine, I'll let them go for $25 each plus shipping.

   Does anyone want to split up any of the other BLI four-packs? I might be interested in participating.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

genegreen1942@...

The 3 extra cars from the BLI tank car 4-pack were spoken for within minutes of my post.  If you have not received an email from me notifying you that you got one of the cars, then your request was received too late.

Beyond the 3 mentioned above there were 10 additional requests for cars as follows:
Brown Company 2
Shippers Car Line 6
Stauffer Chemical 2

That means, to me at least, that there are 14 people on this list alone who wish to buy only one tank car instead of a 4-pack.  BLI should sell the cars individually.  Further, if the above numbers are any indication, maybe there should be a Shippers Car Line 4-pack.

At least one dealer on this list has announced he will break up 4-packs for individual sale and I'm sure some hobby shops will also even though doing so may cause dealers to be stuck with unsold cars that turn out to be less popular with the tank car buying public.

To be honest, I didn't actually order the 4 pack until I was sure I could get rid of the other 3 cars.  So far, on my model railroad, there is no industry planned that would either ship or receive chemicals.  The Ethyl car will merely be part of the "scenery" on a CNW freight that just passes through Marshalltown.  So far, on my model railroad, there is no industry planned that would either ship or receive chemicals.  There will be shipments of tallow, linseed oil, soybean oil, gasoline, oils, lubricants, kerosene, diesel oil, heating oil, molasses and lard but no chemicals.

Gene Green
Out in the Badlands of New Mexico

Bill Welch

Given that BLI has just recently started talking to a well known Freight Car Historian with good information about these AC&F cars, I would not be looking for the models this year.

Bill Welch

Tony Thompson

I will definitely want a Penn Salt and a PPG car, maybe others, but these are some way off, are they Not?
Tony Thompson

[...]

Dealer orders were due 9/4  with a delivery date of spring 2016.

Rich Orr

From: tony

I will definitely want a Penn Salt and a PPG car, maybe others, but these are some way off, are they Not?
Tony Thompson

Richard Dermody <ddermody@...>

Note also that BLI has updated their web page at:

All of the prototype cars are now illustrated with ACF photos from the Hawkins/Wider/Long collection.

For images of the assortments, drill through "View More Images" to see the individual cars.

Dick