Vinegar Car?

thecitrusbelt@...

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

I would say yes it is. The reporting marks are FTCX. Isn't that Fleischmann's

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Sep 27, 2015, at 7:24 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Douglas Harding

Yes, the reporting marks FTCX belonged to the FTCX The Fleischmann Transportation Co. until 1/1946. Fleischmann was one producer of vinegar.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Brad Smith

That most likely is a vinegar car. I can't read the reporting marks accurately.   But the Ordinance Department also had these wood tank cars.

Brad Smith

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Sep 27, 2015, at 8:24 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

paul.doggett2472@...

It certainly looks like a vinegar tank car.
Paul Doggett UK

Sent from Samsung mobile

"Eric Hansmann eric@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

I would say yes it is. The reporting marks are FTCX. Isn't that Fleischmann's

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Sep 27, 2015, at 7:24 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Armand Premo

Oh no,not again.Armand PremoMessage -----

Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2015 9:24 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Vinegar Car?

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

No virus found in this message.

Steve SANDIFER

Looks like FTCX, Standard Brands Tank Car Div, Fleischman Transportation Co. Sounds like vinegar to me.

J. Stephen Sandifer

Minister Emeritus, Southwest Central Church of Christ

Webmaster, Santa Fe Railway Historical and Modeling Society

That most likely is a vinegar car. I can't read the reporting marks accurately.   But the Ordinance Department also had these wood tank cars.

Brad Smith

Sent from Brad's iPod

On Sep 27, 2015, at 8:24 PM, thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Are we looking at an end view of a vinegar car on this photo link?

http://www.west2k.com/papix/carmanfreight.jpg

This image is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Stations Past & Present website at:

http://www.west2k.com/pa.htm

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Eric Hansmann

I wish for a better shot of the little Carman depot in that photo as I think it may have been a B&O M-8 class box car. There were 12,067 M-8 and subclass cars listed in the 1925 B&O Summary of Equipment. They would be phased out over the next several years as thousands of the M-26 40-foot, steel-sheathed box cars would be installed in the B&O fleet.

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX