Pere Marquette Decal Set Available

Stephen Wilder

Smokebox Graphics is excited to bring a new waterslide decal sheet to the HO scale market. Pere Marquette Railway freight cars can be lettered with this new set, DF0187, which covers up to five pieces of equipment and retails for $9.

As I began to model the freight cars my grandfather photographed, I discovered that accurate Pere Marquette lettering (especially their distinctive numerals) was difficult to obtain.  This decal set was created to fill that void, and contains data, number jumbles, and reweigh dates to letter many classes of PM equipment.  A data sheet with selected lettering diagrams and a decal sheet layout is included.

These sets have been screen printed in Italy by Cartograf. The quality of the printing is outstanding – even the wording within the equipment trusts and builders’ marks is legible.

More information, data sheets, and ordering is available at http://www.smokeboxgraphics.com

Comments, questions, critiques, and complaints are welcome, but MUST be sent to me OFF LIST at smokeboxgraphics AT gmail.com.

Thank you,

Stephen Wilder

Smokebox Graphics

Guy Wilber

Stephen Wilder with Smokebox Graphicswrote:

"As I began to model the freight cars my grandfather photographed, I discovered that accurate Pere Marquette lettering (especially their distinctive numerals) was difficult to obtain.  This decal set was created to fill that void, and contains data, number jumbles, and reweigh dates to letter many classes of PM equipment.  A data sheet with selected lettering diagrams and a decal sheet layout is included."

Stephen,

Well done.  The set looks very crisp.  I am curious as to why you did not include any Evans Auto~Loader door markings within the set to cover the PM auto cars?  As a major player in the auto industry the markings would be a good addition for the PM as well as for use for other roads which supplied auto cars equipped with Auto~Loaders.

If you add the markings to your line in the future and should require any guidance with the markings from 1933 up to the simplified standards of 1939, please feel free to contact me.

Kindest Regards,

Guy Wilber

Reno, Nevada

water.kresse@...

Guy,

Evans Auto-Loader markings coming out of Cleveland Tower should be the same for all AMC lines one would guess . . . C&O, Erie, NKP and PM?

Al Kresse . . . in beautiful, sunny Romeo, MI . . . today at least

[...]

T.J. Stratton

Folks: I'm sure Smokebox Graphics is new decal name for many of you.  After seeing the available H.O. decals on the website this past weekend, I ordered all three available sets.  They arrived very promptly in yesterday's mail.  The quality of these decals appears to be very high!  I'm looking forward to applying the decals in the near future.  It's great to have another source for steam era freight cars!

TJ Stratton Maumee, OH.

To: STMFC@...