Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Stan Rydarowicz

I think I can speak for the STMFC and Prototype Rails/Cocoa Beach that we
will all miss Stan. I spoke to him just a few days ago about him taking a
table at Cocoa Beach. He seemed to be excited to come down to the beach
again. I'll miss Stan, he was a lot of fun.

Mike Brock

Scott Seders

In spite of not having any of my modeling friends to wanted to go with me, I was attending Naperville for the second time.

Not knowing anyone, I was eating lunch by myself in the hotel restaurant.  Stan walked in the restaurant by himself and asked if he could sit with me. We had a great time BSing about the hobby.

Thereafter, anytime Stan saw me he always made it a point to speak and ask how I was doing. I doubt he knew how much I appreciated that and especially his gesture at lunch years earlier. Rest in peace Stan. You will be missed.

Scott Seders
Salisbury, MD

Tony Thompson

Forwarded from another list. It's with sad regret that I have terrible news. Those of you that knew him will be devastated as I am
Stan Rydarowicz passed away suddenly this morning of an apparent heart attack.

     Thanks for letting us know, Brian, though it is very sad news. I liked and respected Stan, and I exchanged prototype information with him on a lot of refrigerator cars, to help both of us make better models. I also enjoyed his sense of humor and lack of personal pretension. He and his line of models and model parts will be missed for sure, most immediately at Cocoa Beach.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Mikebrock

I think I can speak for the STMFC and Prototype Rails/Cocoa Beach that we will all miss Stan. I spoke to him just a few days ago about him taking a table at Cocoa Beach. He seemed to be excited to come down to the beach again. I'll miss Stan, he was a lot of fun.

Mike Brock

Rich C

That is terrible news. I had the fortune of talking to him on the phone a few times and exchanging letters in the mail. Wish I could have met him back in Ohio. My wife is from the same town and it would have been nice to meet him when we went there for a vacation a few years ago. Unfortunately at the time I did not know he lived there. My prayers go out to his family, he will be sorely missed.

Rich Christie

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 5:08 PM, "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" wrote:

This is very sad news. He was his usual friendly funny self at the Lisle RPM and I was looking forward to seeing him again at The Beach in January. Stanley was part of the Hawaiian Shirt Posse. What impressed me was his creativity at taking existing kits and coming up with conversion parts to create another model. He had a very good eye for modeling. He was a jewel of man.

Bill Welch

MDelvec952

I had purchased parts from him over the years and thought highly of the dealings. I'll look differently at those models from now on.  He was a credit to the hobby.

I'm sure his family will have a hard time with such an unexpected event. We will miss him as well.

               ....Mike Del Vecchio

I'am deeply saddened to here of the news of Stan. He was a real down to earth guy. Fun to hang out with at the RPM meets. I greatly enjoyed his humor on things. He will certainly be missed by all of us in this, and other groups. I'm glad to have known him. Dave Boss

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:08 PM, "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

This is very sad news. He was his usual friendly funny self at the Lisle RPM and I was looking forward to seeing him again at The Beach in January. Stanley was part of the Hawaiian Shirt Posse. What impressed me was his creativity at taking existing kits and coming up with conversion parts to create another model. He had a very good eye for modeling. He was a jewel of man.

Bill Welch

Dave Boss

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:08 PM, "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" wrote:

This is very sad news. He was his usual friendly funny self at the Lisle RPM and I was looking forward to seeing him again at The Beach in January. Stanley was part of the Hawaiian Shirt Posse. What impressed me was his creativity at taking existing kits and coming up with conversion parts to create another model. He had a very good eye for modeling. He was a jewel of man.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

This is very sad news. He was his usual friendly funny self at the Lisle RPM and I was looking forward to seeing him again at The Beach in January. Stanley was part of the Hawaiian Shirt Posse. What impressed me was his creativity at taking existing kits and coming up with conversion parts to create another model. He had a very good eye for modeling. He was a jewel of man.

Bill Welch

Clark Propst

I was just thinking of ordering some parts and wishing him a Merry Christmas...Sad...
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Schleigh Mike

Stan was one very fine individual and modeler quietly producing a very useful line of products for us.  He unselfishly shared his knowledge and talents.  I consider him one of those special people we meet very rarely in life.  He will be missed.  Condolences to all family and friends.

Saddened Regards----Mike Schleigh

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 2:13 PM, "Brian carlson prrk41361@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Forwarded from another list. It's with sad regret that I have terrible news. Those of you that knew him will be devastated as I am
Stan Rydarowicz passed away suddenly this morning of an apparent heart attack.
I will post more information as it becomes available

Brian J. Carlson

Brian Carlson