From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:29 PM
To: stmfc@...
Subject: [STMFC] Removing Lettering From Kadee Box Cars

Hello,

Is there anyone out there who has knowledge (first hand experience) in removing factory lettering from Kadee box cars without harming the body paint (color)?  I'd like to model a NH 40' box car in the #34000 series.  I contacted Kadee and there are presently no undec.7 ft. door box cars available.

Thank You,

Mike Bradley

Mike Bradley

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the heads up.  I must not have known this or I just plain forgot.  I am of the understanding that Kadee is pretty particular about prototype fidelity, so you have made it pretty clear why they haven't produced this car.

So, I'll look to find the IM car.

thanks Again,
Mike Bradley

On Saturday, December 19, 2015 5:03 PM, "'Brian Carlson' prrk41361@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Mike
 You do know that the Kadee car is incorrect for the early PS-1s which is why Kadee hasn’t done this car. See the essential freight Car series Jan 2008 in RMC for Ted Culotta’s article on using the IM car for this model.
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY