Heinz Pickle Car

thecitrusbelt@...

Looking through the group’s archives I don’t think this image has been posted before. It is from the Senator John Heinz History Center.

http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MSP57_B016_I10.jpg

Caption: “One of the H.J. Heinz Company's signature railroad cars, circa 1910.”

Would a car such as this have lasted into the 1950s?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

paul.doggett2472@...

What a great photo.
Paul Doggett UK

Sent from Samsung mobile

"thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Looking through the group’s archives I don’t think this image has been posted before. It is from the Senator John Heinz History Center.

http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MSP57_B016_I10.jpg

Caption: “One of the H.J. Heinz Company's signature railroad cars, circa 1910.”

Would a car such as this have lasted into the 1950s?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Byron Rose and I stood on that spot when we toured the Heinz plant.   We copied that photo from the Heinz archives and it appears in the new pickle and vinegar car book.  The car was used into the 1940s. – Al Westerfield

Sent: Monday, December 21, 2015 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Heinz Pickle Car

What a great photo.
Paul Doggett UK

Sent from Samsung mobile

"thecitrusbelt@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Looking through the group’s archives I don’t think this image has been posted before. It is from the Senator John Heinz History Center.

http://www.heinzhistorycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MSP57_B016_I10.jpg

Caption: “One of the H.J. Heinz Company's signature railroad cars, circa 1910.”

Would a car such as this have lasted into the 1950s?

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Allan Smith

  HJHX 110 is not listed in Tank Car Capacities Tariff 1955 Book.

Al Smith
Sonora CA