Can anyone identify the road name for the car whose end we see prominently in this photo?

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

Can anyone identify the road name for the car whose end we see prominently in this photo? Reporting marks seem to end in RC, but there might be one or more letters before that we cannot see.

http://clerk.seattle.gov/~scripts/nph-brs.exe?s1=49351.NUM.&Sect6=HITOFF&Sect5=PHOT5&Sect4=AND&d=PHO2&l=1&p=1&u=/~public/phot1.htm&r=1&f=G

Claus Schlund

Eric Hansmann

From the appearance of the grab iron attachments on the left corner, this seems like a Dominion/Fowler car design. There is also a sill step on the left side of the car end. Is this a predecessor road to the Canadian National? The photo is dated March 1920.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Dec 31, 2015, at 5:39 PM, 'Claus Schlund HGM' claus@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Hi List Members,

Can anyone identify the road name for the car whose end we see prominently in this photo? Reporting marks seem to end in RC, but
there might be one or more letters before that we cannot see.

http://clerk.seattle.gov/~scripts/nph-brs.exe?s1=49351.NUM.&Sect6=HITOFF&Sect5=PHOT5&Sect4=AND&d=PHO2&l=1&p=1&u=/~public/phot1.htm&r=1&f=G

Claus Schlund

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Claus Schlund HGM" <claus@...>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

Pierre Oliver

Intercolonial Railway of Canada?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercolonial_Railway
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 12/31/15 9:37 PM, Eric Hansmann eric@... [STMFC] wrote:

�

From the appearance of the grab iron attachments on the left corner, this seems like a Dominion/Fowler car design. There is also a sill step on the left side of the car end. Is this a predecessor road to the Canadian National? The photo is dated March 1920.

Eric Hansmann
El Paso, TX

On Dec 31, 2015, at 5:39 PM, 'Claus Schlund HGM' claus@... [STMFC] wrote:

> Hi List Members,
>

> Can anyone identify the road name for the car whose end we see prominently in this photo? Reporting marks seem to end in RC, but
> there might be one or more letters before that we cannot see.
>
> http://clerk.seattle.gov/~scripts/nph-brs.exe?s1=49351.NUM.&Sect6=HITOFF&Sect5=PHOT5&Sect4=AND&d=PHO2&l=1&p=1&u=/~public/phot1.htm&r=1&f=G
>
> Claus Schlund
>

> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: "Claus Schlund HGM"
> ------------------------------------
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

riverman_vt@...

Claus,

    This looks to me to be a car from the Intercolonial Rwy. and I, too, believe
it is one of the Dominion cars. But what is that equally interesting 1 & 1/2 door,
6 over 7 end, steel sheathed car to its right? Possibly one of the early NYC cars?

Happy New Year, Don Valentine

Schuyler Larrabee

Zoomed in, the reporting marks kind of look like AT&SF, and the herald on the far end looks vaguely circular, but I am not claiming to have properly identified the car . . .

Schuyler

This looks to me to be a car from the Intercolonial Rwy. and I, too, believe

it is one of the Dominion cars. But what is that equally interesting 1 & 1/2 door,

6 over 7 end, steel sheathed car to its right? Possibly one of the early NYC cars?

Happy New Year, Don Valentine

Eric Hansmann

Michigan Central is emblazoned on the car side to the left of the doors.

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

On January 1, 2016 at 6:19 AM "riverman_vt@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Claus,

    This looks to me to be a car from the Intercolonial Rwy. and I, too, believe
it is one of the Dominion cars. But what is that equally interesting 1 & 1/2 door,
6 over 7 end, steel sheathed car to its right? Possibly one of the early NYC cars?

Happy New Year, Don Valentine

Eric Lombard

Happy New Year Everyone ...

"Can anyone identify the road name for the car whose end we see prominently in this photo?"

IRC 61973-62345

1912[9]-1913[1]   373  Fowler/Dominion pattern cars BLT by Nova Scotia Car Co, Halifax, NS.

1913(1) ORER states: "The freight cars of this Railway are marked Intercolonial Canada." "Intercolonial Railway of Canada," and Initialled "I.C.R," [being changed to I.R.C],..."

1915(9) ORER states: Reporting Marks—“ I R C ”  The freight cars are
marked “lntercolonial Canada." “Intercolonial Railway of Canada." and initialed “I. C. R.” [being changed to I. R. C.], and “C. G. R." ..."

1919(12) ORER lists 370 cars in 61973-62345. So, on the verge of the photo date only a few had been lost and #62231 in the photo was one of those re-marked to IRC marks.

1922[1] Begin RENO into CN 378279-378643.

Eric Lombard
Homewood, IL

Eric Lombard