NYC train consists

Terry Link

I have just completed another 627 NYC train consists covering a Toledo-Fort
Wayne way freight and 3 branches that radiate out of Hillsdale, Michigan in
the years 1933-1936 and 1941-1944. Adding these to the previous consists
brings a total of 1325 trains listed on the website.

Toledo Airline - 334 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-airline.htm

Ypsilanti Branch - 150 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-ypsilanti.htm

Fort Wayne Branch - 126 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-fortwayne.htm

Lansing Branch - 17 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-lansing.htm

Previous consists:
Western Division - 45 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-western.htm

Toledo-Lake Division - 641 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-toledo.htm

Canada Southern - 12 trains
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-caso.htm

Terry Link
Bramalea, Ontario
www.canadasouthern.com

Rob M.

Much great information there Terry.  Thank you!

A quick perusal shows more than a few interesting things.

A Northampton and Bath NYC USRA clone box car loaded with (bagged) cement at least 500 miles from the originating point in the cement belt of PA:

1942 Train Consist

A Pacific Electric B-50-14 car number 2735 loaded with wallboard:

http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-020742.htm

Eight days later, PE 2735  mt, routed to Chicago
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-021542-2.htm

Three days later PE 2735 loaded with hay, routed to Tampa!
http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/freight-consists-021842-2.htm

Rob Mondichak.

Eric Hansmann

What fabulous windows into the past! Thank you, Terry!

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

On February 13, 2016 at 4:27 PM "trlink@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

[...]

------------------------------------
Posted by: <trlink@...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
STMFC-digest@...
STMFC-fullfeatured@...

A&Y Dave in MD

You've given me a model for sharing my Southern Railway 1934 train info! Right now it is still PDF scans and a growing Excel spreadsheet.

I can easily convert to html tables.

Dave

Sent from Dave Bott' iPhone

On Feb 13, 2016, at 6:27 PM, trlink@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

[...]

Craig Zeni

2.2. Re: NYC train consists
Posted by: "David Bott" dbott@vt.edu lwulffe_doc
Date: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:01 am ((PST))

You've given me a model for sharing my Southern Railway 1934 train info! Right now it is still PDF scans and a growing Excel spreadsheet.

I can easily convert to html tables.
Dave, did your conductors' books survive your recent fire?

Craig Zeni
Cary NC

A&Y Dave in MD

Only some early 20's passenger train books with less detail survived intact. But I had already scanned the rest in fairly high resolution, saved into PDFs, and shared them with several people, notably Al Brown. Al sent me back the PDFs (one per train recorded) as well as his Excel transcriptions. So the originals are gone, but the content is still available!

I have ten 16gb flash drives on which I'm copying all my shareable photos and data (some photos are copyrighted and not shareable). I'm just glad I backed up most stuff on CDs which were in another room and survived! I'm sending those drives to good friends and fellow Southern and A&Y researchers as my own personal cloud. I'd rather share this info and help it survive with people who know and care, then hoard it and have it lost to another event or if I die (my wife knows I have stuff, but not what it's worth or to whom it should go). I don't find the time to share via web as well as Tom Daspit.

Dave

Sent from Dave Bott's iPad