Topics

The Stan Rydarowitz Collection

m repka

To all my FB friends who knew Stan Rydarowicz. Beginning Sunday evening I will start listing some of Stan's material on EBay. I will try to do approximately 10 or more per week as my time permits. This is a labor of love for a good friend who is no longer with us. I am doing this with the permission of Diane Rydarowicz who is Stan's executor.
My EBay user ID is Marksd45.
I will also use the term
"Rydarowicz train collection" in the description fields.
Please feel free to share this on the various RR model and Historical Society pages.
I have a 100% rating and I generally start the auctions on Sunday evenings.
Stan has some exquisite models and this will be a fair way to ensure anyone has and equal shot at this material.
There will also be some items that are not as unique sold at the Youngstown Model RR Flea Market at McMenamys Banquet Hall in Niles OH on April 10th

Mark

Tim O'Connor

thanks for doing this Mark -- this link should show your items

http://www.ebay.com/sch/HO-Scale-/19128/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ssn=marksd45&_sac=1

Tim O'Connor

[...]

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

thanks for doing this Mark -- this link should show your items

http://www.ebay.com/sch/HO-Scale-/19128/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_ssn=marksd45&_sac=1

       Not yet.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Walter Cox

In a message dated 2/14/2016 5:22:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:
Rydarowicz train collection

Tom Madden

Tim's link shows Mark's completed auctions. This one should take you to the active ones:

marksd45 | eBay

Tom Madden

W.R.Dixon

<https://www.facebook.com/diane.rydarowiczmorris>; who is Stan's executor.
My EBay user ID is Marksd45.
I will also use the term
"Rydarowicz train collection" in the description fields.
Please feel free to share this on the various RR model and Historical
Society pages.
I have a 100% rating and I generally start the auctions on Sunday evenings.
Stan has some exquisite models and this will be a fair way to ensure
anyone has and equal shot at this material.
There will also be some items that are not as unique sold at the
Youngstown Model RR Flea Market at McMenamys Banquet Hall in Niles OH on
April 10th

Mark
Hello Mark

Some interesting stuff there.

I would love to participate but you are using the the Global Shipping Program. That program adds high shipping charges and Bogus import fees to things shipped to Canada.

For example the "Santa Fe 40' Steel Reefer SFRD 21376" for a current bid of $21.12 wants $16.63 for International Priority Shipping and an additional $ 7.75 for Import charges.

The shipping rate is not too bad but Trains are duty free so there are No import Charges. Somebody, not you, is pocketing money for nothing.

Bill Dixon

JoelDee

Same situation for Europe. The ebay rates for postage are not great
considering they are a consolidator and do not use USPS
when shipping, yet they use USPS to set pricing and the delivery service
used just dumps the packet anywhere if you are not home and items become lost.
--I wonder if the seller eats this loss when this happens?
The serious ripoff has always been the Prepaid
Customs Charges. The Custom charges here in Germany
don't begin until after 40+ dollars (books much higher $ threshold) and this service charges
at a much lower threshold as I see on these items. EBAY charges tend to be higher
than is actually charged by the Customs House above this break point as well.
Add to this the prepay program will not consolidate postage and
fees, in most cases without seller intervention, for multiple purchases and we have a no go situation.
The major Ebay marketers do not use this ripoff service

On 2016-02-14 12:12 PM, mikerepka@... [STMFC] wrote:

> To all my FB friends who knew Stan Rydarowicz. Beginning Sunday evening
> I will start listing some of Stan's material on EBay. I will try to do
> approximately 10 or more per week as my time permits. This is a labor of
> love for a good friend who is no longer with us. I am doing this with
> the permission of Diane Rydarowicz
> who is Stan's executor.
> My EBay user ID is Marksd45.
> I will also use the term
> "Rydarowicz train collection" in the description fields.
> Please feel free to share this on the various RR model and Historical
> Society pages.
> I have a 100% rating and I generally start the auctions on Sunday evenings.
> Stan has some exquisite models and this will be a fair way to ensure
> anyone has and equal shot at this material.
> There will also be some items that are not as unique sold at the
> Youngstown Model RR Flea Market at McMenamys Banquet Hall in Niles OH on
> April 10th
>
> Mark

Hello Mark

Some interesting stuff there.

I would love to participate but you are using the the Global Shipping
Program. That program adds high shipping charges and Bogus import fees
to things shipped to Canada.

For example the "Santa Fe 40' Steel Reefer SFRD 21376" for a current bid
of $21.12 wants $16.63 for International Priority Shipping and an
additional $ 7.75 for Import charges.

The shipping rate is not too bad but Trains are duty free so there are
No import Charges. Somebody, not you, is pocketing money for nothing.

Bill Dixon

Barry Bennett

To add to Bill Dixon's comments, it is as bad to the UK. If you offer items for sale on eBay please do not use the Global Shipping Program because I and a growing number of other people will not bid or buy.

The program does not permit combined postage, so 2 or more items in one package has to pay full postage on each item. Books are tax free in the UK and Europe, we prefer to boost literacy and knowledge rather than the tax take, yet Global Shipping claims to pay tax. Also items of value of $22.00 or less are tax free anyway.

I bought 2 RPC's, paid $7 USPS internal mail to Pitney Bowes plus $33.78 in shipping charges/tax, and when the package arrived it has USPS postage of $3.72 attached. Had the Vendor posted direct to me it would have cost about $10.75 or thereabouts, rather less than the $40.78 I paid out.

Also, there is no invoicing or paperwork to show what tax was paid, if ANY tax was paid and, consequently, no way for me to query payment with, or reclaim from, UK Tax Authorities.

Apologies if this breaks site rules but it is info that I hope will benefit and inform site members.

Barry Bennett
Coventry, England.

rob.mclear3@...

---In STMFC@..., <barrybennetttoo@...> wrote :

To add to Bill Dixon's comments, it is as bad to the UK. If you offer items for sale on eBay please do not use the Global Shipping Program because I and a growing number of other people will not bid or buy.

I have to agree with Barry, I am also one who does not buy with the Global Shipping Program, unfortunately the cost of postage or delivery from E-Bay is turning me away from it and I only buy very rarely now when I used to purchase a fair bit.

Rob McLear
Aussie.

skibbs4

In reviewing the first batch of models, it is interesting to note that Stan chose to put different re-weigh stencils on each side of the models.  Does anyone remember talking to him about his thoughts on the matter?  Was he assembling multiple era fleets?

Mike Skibbe

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 2:12 PM, mikerepka@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg Martin

Mike,

You have to remember this wasn't necessarily his private fleet (except the RS-1 which was) these were the cars he used for display for his kits so there were differences in the re-weigh dates to closer represent the eras that the cars were common to in most cases.

Part of Mark's due diligence to the estate is to recover Stan's resin masters. We know where some were produced he will be contacting them, but any help in the recovery would be very appreciated as the estate views those masters part of Stan's line and an asset to the estate.

Thanks,

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

Mike Skibbe writes:

"In reviewing the first batch of models, it is interesting to note that Stan chose to put different re-weigh stencils on each side of the models.  Does anyone remember talking to him about his thoughts on the matter?  Was he assembling multiple era fleets?

Mike Skibbe"

Clark Propst

I asked Mark the other day if anyone has offered to buy ‘the business’ meaning the remaining kits, castings, masters, plus the car parts. He said no. It would be nice if at least  the parts line continued...
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

Greg Martin

Agreed Clark, but he has to have all the masters back to get it back into production.  I too would like to see the line continued including the passenger car equipment he was doing.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean