DT&I gon - a perpsective

Ted Culotta

Like Dan, I had looked strongly at the Proto 2000 route. I mocked it up digitally. You can see the layout here:

I hope this helps some in their efforts.

Ted

--
Ted Culotta
Speedwitch Media

Pierre Oliver

Ted,
That was indeed very helpful.
What's really needed now is more decals for this project.
Anybody? I would love 3 sets.
Thanks
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2/19/16 5:42 PM, Ted Culotta speedwitchmedia@... [STMFC] wrote:

Like Dan, I had looked strongly at the Proto 2000 route. I mocked it up digitally. You can see the layout here:

I hope this helps some in their efforts.

Ted

--
Ted Culotta
Speedwitch Media

Mark Stamm

It has been whispered that at one time 5th Avenue Car Shops had decals for DT&I. I went to the website they are not listed and there is no email address. If someone knows how to reach Jim I'm in for 2 sets on top of Pierre's 3.

Thanks
Mark

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Sent from my mobile device

On Feb 19, 2016, at 6:25 PM, Pierre Oliver pierre.oliver@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Ted,
That was indeed very helpful.
What's really needed now is more decals for this project.
Anybody? I would love 3 sets.
Thanks

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2/19/16 5:42 PM, Ted Culotta speedwitchmedia@... [STMFC] wrote:

Like Dan, I had looked strongly at the Proto 2000 route. I mocked it up digitally. You can see the layout here:

I hope this helps some in their efforts.

Ted

--
Ted Culotta
Speedwitch Media

Ted Culotta

Well, decals were part of my plan, too. Just don't know when yet.

Ted Culotta

Greg Martin

Mark and all,

I know Jim Singer said after Cocoa Beach that he was planning on rerunning several sets of the Shake N Take decals this one included, but, I don't want to put word in his mouth, simply call him. If he is not at home leave a message along the lines of, "hey Jim, I need a set (or several) of XXX decals for this project (interject any SHAKE N TAKE or other decal set) call me back I am writing out the check now..."  Jim won't take your money and not provide like some others, but I would still get the details from him.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 2/19/2016 3:54:18 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:
It has been whispered that at one time 5th Avenue Car Shops had decals for DT&I. I went to the website they are not listed and there is no email address. If someone knows how to reach Jim I'm in for 2 sets on top of Pierre's 3.

Thanks
Mark

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Chet

If Jim Singer is at the Maumee session Sunday, I will ask him about

the DTI gon decals.

Chet French

Dixon, IL

riverman_vt@...

     Hopefully someone will take up the project of these DT&I decals.
These DT&I gons should be of interest to many modelers, especially
if located along a route between Detroit/Dearborn, MI and a Ford
assembly plant. That is my case here in Northern Vermont. These
cars are known to have made it onto the CPR at Lambton, ON and
to have traveled by the CPR's Canadian Differential routing through
Montreal, thence Farnham and Brookport, QC and over the CPR's
Lyndonville Sub. to the B&M at Wells River, VT. Prior to Oct. 1954
they had a choice of routes between Wells River and the Ford
assembly plant in Somerville, MA but from photos that Phil Hastings
kindly provided me with years ago it appears that most were routed
via White River Jct. I cannot recall when in the late 1950's that
Ford Assembly plant shut down but the traffic to it was good money
for the B&M for years. Thus my interest in these DT&I gons. and
my appreciation of this discussion of them.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Mike Smeltzer

Jim Singer is planning on going to Darnaby's Sunday...

Mike Smeltzer

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 cfrench39 wrote:

If Jim Singer is at the Maumee session Sunday, I will ask him about

the DTI gon decals.

Chet French

Dixon, IL

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Mark Stamm

Between Pierre and I you have demand for five sets. Who else is interested in these decals?

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Sent from my mobile device

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 cfrench39 <STMFC@...> wrote:

If Jim Singer is at the Maumee session Sunday, I will ask him about

the DTI gon decals.

Chet French

Dixon, IL

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Greg Martin

Mark,

I need an extra set as wells so that makes six... LOL Not sure that will get the job done. We'll see what we can get done, Singer is a good dude and I might just have to pay for a piggy back on his next run.

My first car is awaiting decals. We had a little controversy over the original car color, some believed it to be Black and not freight car color like the 52'6" Greenville car.  John Greedy did a little more research beyond what has been done and the cars were delivered in freight car red just as Mont and I had painted our. Whew!

I still have to reproduce a maters for the car end as I had promised..., "all in good time my little pretty..."

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 2/20/2016 7:42:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:
Between Pierre and I you have demand for five sets. Who else is interested in these decals?

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Richard Townsend

I will take a set.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Between Pierre and I you have demand for five sets. Who else is interested in these decals?

Mark P Stamm
Mark at Euphoriatt dot Com

Sent from my mobile device

On Feb 20, 2016, at 10:13 AM, SooBaldwin@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Jim Singer is planning on going to Darnaby's Sunday...
Mike Smeltzer

On Saturday, February 20, 2016 cfrench39 <STMFC@...> wrote:
If Jim Singer is at the Maumee session Sunday, I will ask him about
the DTI gon decals.

Chet French
Dixon, IL
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail