Lettering for Swift reefers

David North

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are lettering (stencil) diagrams for any of the Swift reefers?

Cheers

Dave North

Tony Thompson

Does anyone know if there are lettering (stencil) diagrams for any of the Swift reefers?

     Any particular scheme or year?

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

David North

Any particular scheme or year?

Hi Tony,

Thanks, I need to put the brain in gear before typing.

The schemes I’m looking for are –

Yellow scheme with black lettering on wooden cars.

Swift Refrigerator Line, reporting mark and road number to the left of the doors.

And Refrigerator to the right of the doors.

Examples SRLX 4694, SRLX 18384

Red scheme with white lettering on both wooden cars and steel cars

Swift Refrigerator Line, reporting mark and road number to the left of the doors.

And SWIFT to the right of the doors.

Examples of wooden cars SRLX 6294, SRLX 4053

http://www.boxcars.us/Boxcars_M_Z/SQ-SZ/pages/image005.html

Examples of steel cars

SRLX 8521, SRLX 14953, SRLX 15213, SRLX 15392,

The photos I have are from magazines, so I can’t post them here.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave North

Nelson Moyer <ku0a@...>

Champ decals included lettering diagrams. I have extras that I can post or send next week.

Nelson Moyer

On May 5, 2016, at 9:24 PM, "Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Does anyone know if there are lettering (stencil) diagrams for any of the Swift reefers?

     Any particular scheme or year?

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

David North

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for your offer.

That would be helpful.

What I’m after are stencil folio diagrams/lettering diagrams that list the number and letter sizes and possibly the locations on the car.

I feel these would have been produced originally by Swift and later by General American.

Cheers

Dave