Tichy Decals

Bill Welch

A few months ago I was told by someone I trust that Tichy had acquired the technology necessary to print decals. Tichy through the years has offered a few decals but the quality was uneven IMO. I think but cannot say for certain that they were done for them by F&C.

I am on their email list and receive periodic product updates and today received the second one about PFE and now WP reefer decals. Here is the link for HO: Tichy Train Group > What's New

Someone may want to let Don diplomatically know that he is confused about the paint schemes I think.

My source was interested because Tichy will also do custom runs from artwork furnished to them.

Bill Welch

Rich C

Has anyone heard anymore of Don Tichy buying Jerry Glow's decal artwork?

Rich Christie

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 11:01 AM, "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" wrote:

A few months ago I was told by someone I trust that Tichy had acquired the technology necessary to print decals. Tichy through the years has offered a few decals but the quality was uneven IMO. I think but cannot say for certain that they were done for them by F&C.

I am on their email list and receive periodic product updates and today received the second one about PFE and now WP reefer decals. Here is the link for HO: Tichy Train Group > What's New
Someone may want to let Don diplomatically know that he is confused about the paint schemes I think.

My source was interested because Tichy will also do custom runs from artwork furnished to them.

Bill Welch

William Dale

I too have heard that Tichy had acquired Jerry Glow's decal artwork months ago, from a reliable source in the hobby.  Also, I was told that the decals that Tichy is printing are done on some sort of machine that is used in pharmaceutical which leaves a sort of raised surface on the the decal sheet.  I have a set I have yet to apply on a model, time will tell I guess.

Bill Dale

Matthew Dowd

I'm glad to hear that the artwork has been passed on and not lost forever. Jerry had some very unique decals that added greatly to the Southern Pacific modeler's "tool bag."

I'm sure that Tichy will also be a more reliable source for these decals than Mr Glow was. I ordered about $50 worth of decals from him a couple years ago, for which he cashed my check almost immediately. Needless to say, two years and multiple emails later (of which I've never received any responses) I still haven't seen my decals, or a refund.

I apologize for the rant, but I know for a fact that I was not the only one affected by this particular situation. I wish all the best of luck to the new owners of the artwork, and I'm sure I'll be ordering some of these decals in the near future.

-Matthew Dowd