Intermountain ATSF BX-37s

Michael Gross

Intermountain is offering some new 10'6" modified AARs in the BX-37 scheme.  Anyone know if, apart from assigned numbers and slogans, if they were prototypically accurate?

Here is a link to the offering:  http://www.intermountain-railway.com/modelersclub/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/PickSixJune16.jpg

Michael Gross

Los Angeles, CA

John Barry

Michael,

They are close and can easily be made closer with some minor mods to ladders, reorienting the reservoir, and changing trucks for certain road numbers. It is probably closest to the as built Bx-43 as is but as a 37 its not bad.  Past issues had appropriate as built Slogan/Map/number combinations.  I have not checked this particular set as I acquired a large number from the most recent release that filled the Bx-37 gap in my roster.  If you want to improve a bit more, substitute a Red Caboose roof.

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights