Chad Boas 40 DD PS1 Re: Santa Fe Bx-26 box car kit

Brian Carlson

George wrote:

…. Miwaukee Road 40ft Double door PS1 and General American  cars using Chad Boas Resin conversion kits.

I must have been asleep when these were issued. I have a few of Chad’s flats. What are these kits?

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY

Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 8:42 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Santa Fe Bx-26 box car kit

Thanks Fenton,
Up next is a Resin Car Works IC Hopper and two Miwaukee Road 40ft Double door PS1 and General American  cars using Chad Boas Resin conversion kits.

George Toman

Paul Krueger

Brian, check the list for information about the MILW kits.

Paul

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA

Bill Welch

My C&WC kit is awaiting paint while I have not touched my NKP and L&N wood side gons. I model October 1955 and I think most if not all of Chad's "Combo Door" kits are too late for me. Can someone confirm this for me please?

I don't see it on his list but I know he has a flat car load in the form of 5-Inch Destroyer gun turret. I am not sure what class Destroyer is good for however.

Bill Welch

O Fenton Wells

I really like working with Chad.  He did the Southern 53'-6" flat for us and the C&WC 40 DD boxcar as well.  And a great job with the USRA rebuilds in conjunction with the Shake 'N Take project we were doing from Cocoa a few years ago..  Make sure you share the photos when you finish.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-1144
srrfan1401@...

gtws00

Bill, the double door kits from Chad for the Milwuakee were built in 1958.
George Toman

hubert mask

Just a note. Mask Island Decals have the decals for three versions of the flat cars, Milwaukee road combo door and the CW&C by Chad Boas.

Hubert Mask
Mask Island Decals Inc.

On Jun 21, 2016, at 8:23 AM, O Fenton Wells srrfan1401@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I really like working with Chad.  He did the Southern 53'-6" flat for us and the C&WC 40 DD boxcar as well.  And a great job with the USRA rebuilds in conjunction with the Shake 'N Take project we were doing from Cocoa a few years ago..  Make sure you share the photos when you finish.
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
5 Newberry Lane
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-1144
srrfan1401@...

John Barry

Bill, 
If it is the 5 inch turret load displayed at CCB 2015, it is for a 5" 54 caliber turret used on the Forrest Sherman and Charles F. Adams destroyers from the mid 50s.  They may have been used on other classes of ships after time stopped in 1960.  

Another load that would be useful for us WWII modelers would be a 5" 38 gun house either the single used on the Fletcher class, or the twin used on the Gearings, and almost any other naval vessel that was constructed with 5" secondary armament during the war.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Golden Gates & Fast Freights 

707-490-9696 

PO Box 44736 
Washington, DC 20026-4736

Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:08 AM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Chad Boas 40 DD PS1 Re: Santa Fe Bx-26 box car kit

My C&WC kit is awaiting paint while I have not touched my NKP and L&N wood side gons. I model October 1955 and I think most if not all of Chad's "Combo Door" kits are too late for me. Can someone confirm this for me please?

I don't see it on his list but I know he has a flat car load in the form of 5-Inch Destroyer gun turret. I am not sure what class Destroyer is good for however.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

That would be a sweet load John. I bet Chad would consider it if he can be furnished with drawings. Given that these would have armed destroyers, cruisers, battleships and I think flattops too, there would have been a pretty large number of these turrets.

Bill Welch

John Barry

Bill,

I will put finding a good set of drawings on my list for stuff to find at NARA College Park.  It's been a long time since I looked at any ship plans, but the info should be there.  A little more digging should also reveal the suppliers.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines 
Golden Gates & Fast Freights 

707-490-9696 

PO Box 44736 
Washington, DC 20026-4736

Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Chad Boas 40 DD PS1 Re: Santa Fe Bx-26 box car kit

That would be a sweet load John. I bet Chad would consider it if he can be furnished with drawings. Given that these would have armed destroyers, cruisers, battleships and I think flattops too, there would have been a pretty large number of these turrets.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

There is an RC Fletcher class Destroyer in 1/72 scale: AquaCraft 1/72 Fletcher-Class Destroyer

Just scale down a little, hah.

Bill Welch