Topics

That S&T DT&I gon project

Pierre Oliver

Morning all,
Thanks to Ted Culotta, I now have the required decals.
And thanks to Frank Hodina and Tom Madden, I now have the body castings.
Thanks you guys!
Now for the gory detail;
What trucks?
Thanks

--
Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com

brianleppert@att.net

From the few photos I've seen, these gondolas have double truss spring plankless trucks.  They are similar to my Double Truss trucks (TMW-107/207) but with the springs grouped closer together.

As with Resin Car Works' latest box cars for SOO and DSS&A, recommended trucks would be InterMountain's ASF #40061 and Kadee's HGC Bettendorf #564/1564.

Brian Leppert
Tahoe Model Works
Carson City, NV

Greg Martin

Pierre Oliver writes:

>Morning all,
Thanks to Ted Culotta, I now have the required decals.
And thanks to Frank Hodina and Tom Madden, I now have the body castings.
Thanks you guys!
Now for the gory detail;
What trucks?
Thanks

--
Pierre Oliver<

If we are talking about the DT&I 40-foot gondola we presented at CCB the proper trucks are listed in the handout from the presentation and were donated by Brian Lippert. Are you a member Pierre?

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

Donald B. Valentine

Pierre & Greg,

    Are the DT&I gon castings still available somewhere???   I could use two
kits for these cars as they regularly traveled between Michigan and the Ford
assembly plant in Somerville, Mass, via the CPR and B&M. Where might two
kits be found?

Thanks for any response, Don Valentine

Greg Martin

Don,

Ted made the masters for the drop ends, Tom Madden run the parts and I believe I have a few left. I am in the Cascade foothills below Mount Hood but I will check for  you by Sunday morning.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 7/7/2016 3:58:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

Pierre & Greg,

    Are the DT&I gon castings still available somewhere???   I could use two
kits for these cars as they regularly traveled between Michigan and the Ford
assembly plant in Somerville, Mass, via the CPR and B&M. Where might two
kits be found?

Thanks for any response, Don Valentine

Donald B. Valentine

Hello Greg,

   Thanks for your response. Your offer is certainly appreciated. From what you have written I gather the carbody must be a regularly available kit. The Life-Like car or some other? What do you suggest for a
decal source? The car frames are easy enough. I have some now while the rack can be built from
photos that Phil Hastings sent me years ago. The things one misses not being able to attend Cocoa.

   Thanks again for your help. Enjoy the Cascades.

My best, Don Valentine

---In STMFC@..., <tgregmrtn@...> wrote :

Don,

Ted made the masters for the drop ends, Tom Madden run the parts and I believe I have a few left. I am in the Cascade foothills below Mount Hood but I will check for  you by Sunday morning.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 7/7/2016 3:58:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

Pierre & Greg,

    Are the DT&I gon castings still available somewhere???   I could use two
kits for these cars as they regularly traveled between Michigan and the Ford
assembly plant in Somerville, Mass, via the CPR and B&M. Where might two
kits be found?

Thanks for any response, Don Valentine

Bill Welch

Greg, Don, everyone:
I believe Pierre has gotten his hands on a full resin casting of this car done from cutting up a L-L Proto 2K styrene body. I am unsure who will be eventually offering these however.

Bill Welch

Pierre Oliver

If I understand the process correctly, Frank is offering the proper sized body in resin. It can be had at RPM shows that Frank attends with Resin Car Works