For that special breed of modeler who enjoys tank car underframes

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

For that special breed of modeler who enjoys tank car underframes...

http://images.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/i/image/getimage-idx?cc=hpicasc;entryid=x-000411.pic;viewid=000411PIC.TIF;x=10;y=14;width=9999;height=9600;res=0;view=image

Imgae is dated 1951

Claus Schlund

al_brown03

I enjoy tank-car underframes very much ... let's see:

Judging from the sill steps and lack of end or side sills, built by General American?

Three drains: three compartments.

Bleed rod comes straight across, over the reservoir: AB valve must be buried, straight opposite the reservoir.

I'm sure others can spot more. Y'all have fun, now, hear?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

thecitrusbelt@...

What a great detail photo, especially when enlarged.

Did anyone notice that the Chicago & Northwestern boxcar had a CMO reporting mark? I assume that is the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railway Company.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Douglas Harding

Yes, CMO is the Omaha road, http://www.cnwhs.org/ch_spmo.htm

Controlled by the CNW since 1882, leased by the CNW in 1957, ie merged, name gone 1972.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org