For that special breed of modeler who enjoys tank car underframes

Douglas Harding

Yes, CMO is the Omaha road, http://www.cnwhs.org/ch_spmo.htm

Controlled by the CNW since 1882, leased by the CNW in 1957, ie merged, name gone 1972.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

thecitrusbelt@...

What a great detail photo, especially when enlarged.

Did anyone notice that the Chicago & Northwestern boxcar had a CMO reporting mark? I assume that is the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railway Company.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

al_brown03

I enjoy tank-car underframes very much ... let's see:

Judging from the sill steps and lack of end or side sills, built by General American?

Three drains: three compartments.

Bleed rod comes straight across, over the reservoir: AB valve must be buried, straight opposite the reservoir.

I'm sure others can spot more. Y'all have fun, now, hear?

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

For that special breed of modeler who enjoys tank car underframes...

http://images.library.pitt.edu/cgi-bin/i/image/getimage-idx?cc=hpicasc;entryid=x-000411.pic;viewid=000411PIC.TIF;x=10;y=14;width=9999;height=9600;res=0;view=image

Imgae is dated 1951

Claus Schlund