Topics

"B" End of SP/TN&O A50-4 and Speedwitch Kit #k118

Bill Welch

What Bill Pardie and I are seeking is how to build the Photo-etched Geared Brake mechanism included in the Speedwitch kit #K118. Perhaps it was used on other SP/TN&O cars of the era or by other RRs.

OR maybe someone was better at understanding how to build this pesky assembly and can help us about how to build it.

Bill Welch

Clark Propst

I built one of these Speedwitch kits when they first came out. I no longer own the car. I do remember having to glue two etched gear pieces together to gain thickness. I don’t remember anything else, so it most have been a straight forward thing, but I know a bit about gear cases...I’ll look for photos...
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa