USRA hoppers for Westmoreland - was Photo help for M&STL hoppers

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi Lester and List Members,

Lester wrote "The small data sheet states the hoppers were acquired from Westmoreland Coal Company via Hyman- Michaels"

I have two questions:

(1) Does anyone know, did Westmoreland own any USRA hoppers (or copies)? If so, does anyone know of any references (online or offline) to images of these?

(2) Does anyone know of any published articles or other information regarding Westmoreland Coal and Coke and their railroad operations in general? I've seen more than one such article on Berwind, but have seen nothing that I can recall regarding Westmoreland...

Thanks

Claus Schlund