Paint/ lettering schemes suitable for late 1940s - beginning 1950s?

vapeurchapelon

Hello friends,

I have one each of these cars:

Accurail HO #2807 (55 Ton Pnl/side Twin Hopper) GTW

7016 Kadee HO CIL Monon 50 Ton 2 Bay Open Hopper NIB

The Accurail car is lettered NEW 7-34 and I wonder if this scheme could still be seen after WWII.

The Kadee car is lettered NEW 5-54 and I wonder if this scheme maybe did appear e few years earlier so I only would heve to change the date.

Many thanks for your help.

Johannes

Michael Aufderheide

Johannes,

Regarding the Monon car, this is the first series of cars delivered in this scheme that i can find.  The Monon also had a similar series of hoppers delivered in 1940 numbered 41500-41699.  These cars eventually had the same paint and lettering as your car, but the earliest date I see on the photos I have with this scheme is 1955. As I say the cars were similar, the 1954 cars were AAR standard while the 1940 cars were a Pullman variation on the AAR design, so not a great trade at any rate.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide

vapeurchapelon

Many thanks Mike! The background of my question is that I am doing a little clearance to my collection of cars - but don't have enough knowledge and library to be sure in every case if the car would fit "my" era. So this (really nice)  Kadee car has to go.

Best Regards

Johannes