Microscale Chalk Marks

Bill Welch

Microscale decals has added a sheet of Chalk Marks in three scale to their line:

Microscale Decals: Boxcar Chalk Makrings

Bill Welch

riverman_vt@...

---In STMFC@..., <fgexbill@...> wrote :

Microscale decals has added a sheet of Chalk Marks in three scale to their line:

Microscale Decals: Boxcar Chalk Makrings

Bill Welch

    The question I wold raise is can you see the darn things well enough to know what you want to

use from the decal sheet? We have had others offered lately that are damned near impossible to

see owing to a lack of contrast with the backing paper. White decals on white backing paper is a

fool's errand when a light blue backing could have been used. Thus a fine white pen may still be

the best choice as well as the most original one.

Cordially, Don Valentine

Douglas Harding

Don if you click on the link Bill provided you would see that Microscale has printed with a blue backing paper. Very easy to see the decals on their website.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org

Michael Gross

While I am delighted to see Microscale has added chalk marks, my first impression is that too many of them lean toward chalk graffiti drawings, many of which are too large for anything but a box car and, IMHO, a little Bozo Texino goes a long way.  My favorite chalk marks are still the Clover House dry transfers, followed by the Sunshine and Speedwitch offerings.  I commonly use decals or dry transfers for fresh markings and the always useful Prismacolor pencil for older, faded chalk.

Michael Gross
Facebook.com/ActorMichaelGross

Todd Horton

There's  a major manufacturer that's going to release a car with factory applied chalk markings very soon.

Todd Horton