STMFC Trucks, was BRAKE WHEELS AND HOUSING

Rhbale@...

Chuck Peck...

Richard Hendrickson's final article on prototype trucks appeared in the May 2005 edition of Model Railroad Hobbyist, a free monthly publication available on line. To see and/or download Dr. Hendrickson's article go to

Richard Bale

In a message dated 12/12/2016 4:40:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:

Perhaps I'm the one holding the wrong end of the stick. BUT, the model
truck article referenced by Bill Pardie illustrated the various model trucks
available, not a comprehensive view of prototype trucks.  A photo essay on
the various MODEL brake gears available might help some of us decide
which would look best on our model car. Recognizing, of course, that we
do not have the broad selection to cover every prototype.
Chuck Peck in FL

Tony Thompson

Dick Bale wrote:

Richard Hendrickson's final article on prototype trucks appeared in the May 2005 edition of Model Railroad Hobbyist, a free monthly publication available on line. To see and/or download Dr. Hendrickson's article go to

     I'm sure this is a typo for the date. Richard's article was in the May issue for 2013, not 2005.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Dave Parker

Tony:

That is correct, but I think both Chuck and Bill were actually referring to Richard's "handout" on HO scale model trucks.  IIRC, you are effectively the keeper of this document.  To help remind people (and perhaps inform newcomers), could you perhaps repost the Google-drive location for the last revision (April 1, 2014, I believe)?  I could not find it quickly with a simple Google search.

Thanks.

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA

Tony Thompson

Dave Parker wrote:

That is correct, but I think both Chuck and Bill were actually referring to Richard's "handout" on HO scale model trucks.  IIRC, you are effectively the keeper of this document.  To help remind people (and perhaps inform newcomers), could you perhaps repost the Google-drive location for the last revision (April 1, 2014, I believe)?  I could not find it quickly with a simple Google search.

     Here is my blog post with the link: