From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:27 PM
To: Stm Frt Cars
Subject: [STMFC] 50' Mather stock car.

Browsing thru my unfinished stock, I opened a P2K Mather stock car kit which contained a Mather kit which I had sliced and spliced into a 50' car. Also in the box were a set of resin doors for it. It didn't take me long to find that Stan Rydarowicz sold a kit for this car back around 2010-11. Did anyone buy one of these? Were there any instructions? What was in his 'kit'? Did he just do the slicing and cast a new roof, or??? Did he include or direct you to a source for decals?

I found a photo of a model of Stan's on display at Naperville or Cocoa Beach in NYC's NISX markings but so far I haven't found any prototype pictures or info.

And that brought up another question. Whatever happened to Stan's decals? Was he sourcing them with someone else?

Jim

Andy Carlson

Stan must have sold a modest amount of the 50' Mather stock cars. He approached me for some kits, as at that time I had a lot of those cheap P2K kits from dealer close-outs. He later came back for more. I would hazard a guess that he could easily have made up about 25 of those kit-bash kits.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

From: "Jim Hayes jimhayes97225@... [STMFC]"

Browsing thru my unfinished stock, I opened a P2K Mather stock car kit which contained a Mather kit which I had sliced and spliced into a 50' car. Also in the box were a set of resin doors for it. It didn't take me long to find that Stan Rydarowicz sold a kit for this car back around 2010-11. Did anyone buy one of these? Were there any instructions? What was in his 'kit'? Did he just do the slicing and cast a new roof, or??? Did he include or direct you to a source for decals?
I found a photo of a model of Stan's on display at Naperville or Cocoa Beach in NYC's NISX markings but so far I haven't found any prototype pictures or info.

And that brought up another question. Whatever happened to Stan's decals? Was he sourcing them with someone else?

Jim

Greg Martin

Jim and all in context:

Jim Hayes writes:

"Browsing thru my unfinished stock, I opened a P2K Mather stock car kit
which contained a Mather kit which I had sliced and spliced into a 50' car.
Also in the box were a set of resin doors for it. It didn't take me long to
find that Stan Rydarowicz sold a kit for this car back around 2010-11."

He did and I believe it was debut at Cocoa Beach and I believe it was a
modest success he did I believe at least two runs. But because of its
relative late appearance it is not a favorite of this list.

"Did anyone buy one of these? Were there any instructions? What was in
his 'kit'? Did he just do the slicing and cast a new roof, or??? Did he
include or direct you to a source for decals?"

My brother bought one of the kits and was a bit disappointed with the kit
and said it was not one of Stan's better cars. I will check to see if he
has instructions or if there even were instruction with the kit. Sometimes
that was an issue with Stan's conversions.

"I found a photo of a model of Stan's on display at Naperville or Cocoa
Beach in NYC's NISX markings but so far I haven't found any prototype
pictures or info.".

I have some good shots of the cars in NKP paint that I received from John
Greedy and it is a good alternative to the CBQ and NYC cars. They are
marked NKP. I don't believe Stan made decals for these cars but the NISX cars he
did.

And that brought up another question. Whatever happened to Stan's decals?
Was he sourcing them with someone else?

Jim

Stan use several sources for decals, Mark Vaughn, Jim Singer and Gerry
Glow, I would have to check with Mark Kerlick to see if he has the decals
from Stan's collection, I know he is in control of the masters and molds at
this point and is looking for a buyer to settle this portion of the estate.
He told me that there are NO INSTRUCTIONS for any of the kits that he could
ever find in the house.

I have a couple of Athearn Blue Box 40-foot boxcar of Stan's that I have
been asked to finish, and I will. He didn't put a lot of extra detail into
them but I will take it to a better level because I know he would want it
that way.

I was just thinking that there are three good friends of mine we have lost
in the past seventeen years at the Bash at the Beach and here are photos
of two of the three, I don't have one that I can put my fingers on of Larry
Kline.

Richard Hendrickson and I

Stan Rydarowicz

I think of them often and miss them tremendously. The rest of you stay
healthy and I mean it! And I will talk about SHAKE N TAKE in another mail this
coming week.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

Greg Martin

It stripped my attachments... Damn it!

Greg

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 12/18/2016 12:09:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, STMFC@... writes:

Jim and all in context:

Jim Hayes writes:

[...]

frograbbit602

Jim I do not have the stock car kit' however, I do have an NP reefer InterMountain kit I am building now. In this kit, Stan provided only resin sides and ends. IM roof and underframe to be used. Stan included a sheet with a few basic instructions of additional
work to be done in addition to the IM kit instructions. The kit did not include decals; however, Stan had a sheet of decal sources and contact information.
Lester Breuer

Clark Propst

Yes, I built one and my friend Mike Moore bought two or three? Seems you got one P2K carbody to cut and add resin splices. Decals were from Micro Scale, I believe? Mike and I got together about tree times before the upcoming CCB meet to build the cars. We did display them there, mine was done, Mike’s weren’t. I sold mine long ago and I doubt Mike ever finished his. Neat models. You might check old CCB photos to see if there were any photos taken of Mike’s unfinished models?

Speaking of CCB, one of the appeals to northerners is being able to soak up a bit of warmth in early winter, even if it’s cold be Florida standards. Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing this in reverse. A granddaughter graduated from UNI in Cedar Falls Ia. We’d had 5-6” of snow the day before and we excepting 30 mph winds and dropping temps. Roads were good for the 90 min. drive, with just blowing snow. The other grandparents have been wintering in the Orlando area for a month or better and were accustom to temps in the 80s they said. They had flown into the Twin Cities and drove to Waterloo in the snow storm the day before. They were not at all amused at my jabs about the beautiful new snow and crisp air, especially this morning for their trip back to the TCs to catch their flight back to warmth. Temp now is –22, feels like –39. I love it!
A friend was once asked why he didn’t winter in a warmer climate?  His answer was classic “Because I can’t take my basement with me.”
Clark Propst
Mason City Iowa

jerryglow2

When I sold my line to Tichy I withheld those I produced for Stan. I still do occasional custom work and could include any set for Stan's cars you may need

Jerry

Pierre Oliver

Jerry!
That's really good to know.
However, where's the money you owe me for the product you never delivered?

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 12/23/17 6:28 AM, jerryglow@... [STMFC] wrote:

When I sold my line to Tichy I withheld those I produced for Stan. I still do occasional custom work and could include any set for Stan's cars you may need

Jerry

SUVCWORR@...

Ditto

Rich Orr

However, where's the money you owe me for the product you never delivered?

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 12/23/17 6:28 AM, jerryglow@... [STMFC] wrote:

When I sold my line to Tichy I withheld those I produced for Stan. I still do occasional custom work and could include any set for Stan's cars you may need

Jerry

Garth Groff or Sally Sanford <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

Don't you think any disputes with Mr. Glow belong on private email?

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 12/23/17 12:27 PM, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] wrote:

Ditto

Rich Orr

However, where's the money you owe me for the product you never delivered?

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 12/23/17 6:28 AM, jerryglow@... [STMFC] wrote:

When I sold my line to Tichy I withheld those I produced for Stan. I still do occasional custom work and could include any set for Stan's cars you may need

Jerry

Ian Alce

Ditto,

Ian Alce

On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 4:27 AM, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Ditto

Rich Orr

However, where's the money you owe me for the product you never delivered?

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 12/23/17 6:28 AM, jerryglow@... [STMFC] wrote:

When I sold my line to Tichy I withheld those I produced for Stan. I still do occasional custom work and could include any set for Stan's cars you may need

Jerry

Corey Fischer

So did Jerry rip you all off? Whats the deal Jerry?