Topics

7 Ft Youngstown door, HO scale - Help requested

O Fenton Wells

I am kitbashing some 40 ft. DD boxcars in HO scale and need 2 sets of 7 ft Youngstown doors that are 5-6-5 corrugations.  Kadee (Part No. 2235) is right on but the tack board is cast in and I don't feel I can remove it without screwing an otherwise good door casting.  I looked at Southwest Scale and they make it but in a 6 ft wide door.  That may be what I have to do is add a foot to the SW Scale door.

Any other ideas that I may have overlooked from you bashers would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Fenton Wells

Allan Smith

Branchline part 140006 7' youngstown door is what you are looking for. There was a note about buying old Branchline parts from Atlas but also from Cannon & Company

Al Smith
Sonora Ca

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:17 AM, "srrfan1401@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I am kitbashing some 40 ft. DD boxcars in HO scale and need 2 sets of 7 ft Youngstown doors that are 5-6-5 corrugations.  Kadee (Part No. 2235) is right on but the tack board is cast in and I don't feel I can remove it without screwing an otherwise good door casting.  I looked at Southwest Scale and they make it but in a 6 ft wide door.  That may be what I have to do is add a foot to the SW Scale door.
Any other ideas that I may have overlooked from you bashers would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Fenton Wells

David North

Hi Fenton,

Here is the link to them on Atlas’ website.

You’d need to register (top of page) before you can but IIRC.

http://shop.atlasrr.com/p-4064-ho-7-youngstown-doors-2.aspx

cheers

Dave North