Ammonia: was Scalecoat I and Scalecoat II and seemingly everything else under the sun

Bill Welch

FYI NONE of the Airbrush manufacturers recommend getting ammonia anywhere near one of their airbrushes.

Bill Welch

Spen Kellogg <spninetynine@...>

On 2/1/2017 2:37 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] wrote:

FYI NONE of the Airbrush manufacturers recommend getting ammonia anywhere near one of their airbrushes.

Bill,

Could you comment please on using a 50/50 mix of windshield washer fluid and distilled water?

Thanks, Spen Kellogg

Bill Welch

Sorry Spen, I could not even venture a guess. Are you thinking windshield washer contains ammonia? If so, I would steer clear. For those wanting to clean airbrushes and using water based Acrylic paints, go with 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. Very effective cleaner with acrylics.

Bill Welch

A&Y Dave in MD

I used the ultrasonic cleaner with Windex to clean the BRASS MODELS.  They are then rinsed well in distilled water.

I never said anything about using Windex with paint or airbrush.  Please be careful in reading what I wrote!

Dave