Topics

Atlas/Branchline Sale

Bill Welch

I don't know detail beyond this message via Facebook but "Atlas is running a sale, 75% off their Branchline kits, use the code "KITBASH" during checkout."

Good luck!

Bill Welch

Bill Vaughn

Just tried and would not give the discount.

Bill Vaughn

Andy Carlson

I followed their directions, including inserting the coupon code word "kitbash" and after my time building a cart, the note came up that NONE of the Branchline items selected were available at the reduced price! What is going on! This just engenders animosity. GOOD LUCK, INDEED!
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 1:44 AM

Just tried and would not
give the discount.
Bill
Vaughn

Tim O'Connor

Weird. I tried with FOUR box cars and got $22 as the lowest shipping charge.
No thanks.

I don't see how you could get 6 Pullmans into an express mail package for $7.
I ship stuff by USPS all the time and it costs me $7 to ship a 1 lb package
inside Massachusetts, and much more than that to California.

Maybe the Atlas warehouse is next door to you?

Tim

--
Jon Miller

Andy Carlson

I was finally able to get the discount. The charge of $83 was about 1/3 the price of the selected items. Suddenly, a $10 kit becomes $13.33.......
Once again, I passed.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

On 3/1/2017 5:37 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] wrote:

I don't see how you could get 6 Pullmans into an express mail package for $7.

    Not sure what is going on with Atlas but I do have a "order acknowledgement", but haven't got email from them yet.  I guess they can still cancel my order as I have not seen a CC charge yet.  Once the word got out they may have been overwhelmed with orders.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax  Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Fred_Swa@...

My experience is the same as Jon's. The $7 postage is for USPS First class mailing for 6 cars.  When I first tried it with 1 car $12.00 for Priority Mail was the lowest option.
Fred Swanson

---In STMFC@..., <timboconnor@...> wrote :

Weird. I tried with FOUR box cars and got $22 as the lowest shipping charge.
No thanks.

I don't see how you could get 6 Pullmans into an express mail package for $7.
I ship stuff by USPS all the time and it costs me $7 to ship a 1 lb package
inside Massachusetts, and much more than that to California.

Maybe the Atlas warehouse is next door to you?

Tim

On 3/1/2017 3:17 PM, 'C. Strickland' cstrickjr@... [STMFC] wrote:
Jon,   did you order online or telephone?  I was using online.

Online.  It gave me about 5/6 choices with USPS being the cheapest.  The actual cost was $7.03 for 6 Pullmans.

--
Jon Miller

C. Strickland <cstrickjr@...>

 Since I started this thread, I went back to the Atlas site and tried again.  Same story, $70.92 for 19 freight cars & $70.53 UPS.  I can get it next day air for 430.86.  So I revised the order to 7 cars.  Same song, second verse; $22.98 for the cars and $20.47 UPS or $36.95 USPS Priority.  I have never gotten the low cost options that Jon Miller said he got.

Craig Strickland

Avast logo

Brian Carlson

Frankly It sounds like atlas site has errors either in its shipping table or how the weight, and size of the branchline kits are being calculated.

Brian J. Carlson

On Mar 2, 2017, at 11:29 AM, 'C. Strickland' cstrickjr@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

 Since I started this thread, I went back to the Atlas site and tried again.  Same story, $70.92 for 19 freight cars & $70.53 UPS.  I can get it next day air for 430.86.  So I revised the order to 7 cars.  Same song, second verse; $22.98 for the cars and $20.47 UPS or $36.95 USPS Priority.  I have never gotten the low cost options that Jon Miller said he got.

Craig Strickland

Avast logo

SUVCWORR@...

I just ordered 46 cars by phone and shipping was $10 to Pittsburgh, PA

Rich Orr