Topics

PHOTO HELP NEEDED

WILLIAM PARDIE

Morning All:

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of the Northern Pacific 1000 series boxcars. I hope someone will be able to
help.

Thanks:

Bill Pardie

Jim Hayes

Bill, if you mean NP 10000 series, Ted covered it in his Essential Freight Cars: 4 including pictures of both ends. Would you like a copy?

Jim

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:48 AM, WILLIAM PARDIE PARDIEW001@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Morning All:

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of the Northern Pacific 1000 series boxcars. I hope someone will be able to
help.

Thanks:

Bill Pardie

Todd Sullivan

Hi Bill,

I have four clear B&W photos of NP 10000-13999 series boxcars that I can scan and post in the Group photos section ... although I'm not sure how to do the posting.  Can anyone give me some instruction on that?

Todd Sullivan

np328

Bill, send me an e-mail OFF LINE to jcdworkingonthenp [at] onebox [dot] com and I will get you archival photos.
                                                 Jim Dick

---In STMFC@..., <PARDIEW001@...> wrote :

Morning All:

I am looking for a photo of the "B" end of the Northern Pacific 1000 series boxcars. I hope someone will be able to
help.

Thanks:

Bill Pardie

David Sieber

Gentlemen,

     While there is a lot of great info out on NP 10000-13999 boxcars, one could also not assume that Bill left off a zero, but perhaps actually meant NP 1000-1064 (possibly also NP 1065-70), loader-equipped 40ft steel boxcars upgraded ca. 1959 with DF, DF-2, or Spartan Tri-Belt loaders and renumbered into the NP 1000-series. While I did send him my one poor scan of NP 1031 (an STB car), I unfortunately did not have a good end view nor any further info on the NP's loader upgrade program, which cars were upgraded, etc. Anyone have info and/or photos of NP 1000-1064?

Dave Sieber
Reno  NV