Topics

PRR Rf walkaround

Richard Brennan

All

Yet another crystal-clear freight car 'walkaround' photo series on the ErieLack archive site...
from the NPS Steamtown collection posted by Richard McKnight;

PRR 102549 Class Rf - built 9-06... photos circa-1919

http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-03-02-17/X1441.jpg
...good variety in the background as well!
http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-03-02-17/X1442.jpg
http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-03-02-17/X1443.jpg
http://lists.railfan.net/erielackphoto.cgi?erielack-03-02-17/X1444.jpg

Note the narrower (replacement?) sheathing to the left of the dimensional data...

Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

Ted Schnepf

Hello,

I am amazed that these 1919 photos of this car, still have wooden end ladders. I would have thought that style end ladder would have been gone by WWI with the various safety appliance laws.

Ted

railsunl@...