Topics

Stock car interiors - cleaning

earlyrail

From a NP. Lake Superior Division circular (Jan 1 1960)

System Cars
Stock Single deck stock cars to Mandan, ND for cleaning
Pig Palace stock cars out of South St Paul - return to Darling, MN, via Brainerd promptly

Foreign Cars
Stock Single and Double Deck - HOME

Just the stock car parts of the circular.

Howard Garner

Donald B. Valentine

---In STMFC@..., <cascaderail@...> wrote :

From a NP. Lake Superior Division circular (Jan 1 1960)

System Cars
Stock Single deck stock cars to Mandan, ND for cleaning
Pig Palace stock cars out of South St Paul - return to Darling,
MN, via Brainerd promptly

Foreign Cars
Stock Single and Double Deck - HOME

Just the stock car parts of the circular.

Howard Garner

From what you have provided, Howard, I presume the foreign
cars were sent home to be cleaned there since there is no
mention of being cleaned before being returned. I suspect
finding a load to return in a stock car was a rare thing.

My best, Don Valentine

Jim Gates

Regarding cleaning and lime disinfecting, What would be the order of this? I would think these were done at the same location, but which came first, which would determine how much white would be seen on the cars.

Jim Gates