From: "ed_mines@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Monday, April 3, 2017 3:15 PM
Subject: [STMFC] HO scale caboose steps

Does anyone offer these besides Silver Streak and Selley?
Anyone who has half built Ambroid/Q'craft cabooses that you want to get rid of please contact me off list.
Ed Mines

Allan Smith

I have one caboose step in the zamac metal from an Ambroid caboose. Comparing it to the caboose step on the Athearn Santa Fe Caboose, it is an almost perfect match. Why don't you find an old Athearn caboose and cut the steps off..

Al Smith
Sonora Ca

On Monday, April 3, 2017 5:20 PM, "Ray Breyer rtbsvrr69@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Why not scratch 'em? See the Fall 2011 issue of the NKPHTS Modeler's Notebook for a quick, easy & effective way to do so.

nkphts.org/modelersnotebook/2011/11-15-11mn.pdf

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

Does anyone offer these besides Silver Streak and Selley?
Anyone who has half built Ambroid/Q'craft cabooses that you want to get rid of please contact me off list.
Ed Mines

Ray Breyer

Alternatively, if you only need one or two out of four, why not cast them yourself? Looking at the one that's in my hand now, a platform step would be pretty simple to do using the old & trusty JB Weld cast technique.

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

Does anyone offer these besides Silver Streak and Selley?
Anyone who has half built Ambroid/Q'craft cabooses that you want to get rid of please contact me off list.
Ed Mines

ed_mines

What's the JB Weld cast technique?

Is the NKPHS on the internet?