From: "Allan Smith smithal9@... [STMFC]"
To: "STMFC@..."
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:18 PM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: CB&Q Gons at the Kaiser Richmond Plate Shop

There is a photo of car CB&Q 195499 on page 215 of the 1931 Car Builder's Cyclopedia. It is also shown on page 215 of Train Shed # 46.

Al Smith
Sonora Ca

John Barry

My apologies, this was intended as a private message direct to Al.  But since I've let the cat out of the bag, does anyone have a photo of the CB&Q 195000-196499 series GB gondola that they are willing to share for a personal modeling project?  Are any kits available of these 48'6" IL ten panel, nine post, composite gons?  What kind of trucks did they use circa 1944?  AB or K brake?  Type of brake wheel?

John

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights