Topics

Coal Country RPM: April 20-21, 2018

Bill Welch

Several Southeastern RR Historical Societies are collaborating to organize what hopefully will become an annual "Coal Country RPM" beginning next year. The first one is planned for Roanoke, VA April 2-21, 2018. "Ya'll Modelers" please mark your calendars.

Bill Welch

Tony Thompson

Several Southeastern RR Historical Societies are collaborating to organize what hopefully will become an annual "Coal Country RPM" beginning next year. The first one is planned for Roanoke, VA April 2-21, 2018. "Ya'll Modelers" please mark your calendars.

Hey! What about western Colorado coal? even Illinois and Arkansas coal?

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

C. Strickland <cstrickjr@...>

Bill,

Which historical societies will be represented?

Craig Strickland

Several Southeastern RR Historical Societies are collaborating to organize what hopefully will become an annual "Coal Country RPM" beginning next year. The first one is planned for Roanoke, VA April 2-21, 2018. "Ya'll Modelers" please mark your calendars.

Bill Welch

Brian Carlson

Bill, I'm not sure I can block out almost 3 weeks. That's some RPM! I assume you meant 20th and 21st of April 2018.

Brian J. Carlson

On Apr 23, 2017, at 3:02 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Several Southeastern RR Historical Societies are collaborating to organize what hopefully will become an annual "Coal Country RPM" beginning next year. The first one is planned for Roanoke, VA April 2-21, 2018. "Ya'll Modelers" please mark your calendars.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

They need to organize their own RPM Tony

Bill Welch

Charles Peck

I don't think I could last through 19 days of RPM meet.  (GRIN)
Chuck Peck

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Several Southeastern RR Historical Societies are collaborating to organize what hopefully will become an annual "Coal Country RPM" beginning next year. The first one is planned for Roanoke, VA April 2-21, 2018. "Ya'll Modelers" please mark your calendars.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

I did make a mistake in the text Brian but the subject line has it correctly.

Bill Welch

Michael Gross

Guess they have to start in what most think of as "coal country," but appreciate Tony's comment as regards Illinois, as I was always fascinated by Coal City on the AT&SF's Illinois Division.

Michael Gross
Pasadena, CA
--
Michael Gross