BLI 6k tank cars

SUVCWORR@...

After filling all the pre-orders and having a few canceled, I have the following BLI 6K tank cars remaining.

Cost is $25 each plus priority mail shipping.  I take personal checks, money orders, Paypal with a 3% charge to cover the Paypal fees.

Quantity is 1 of each car

Wyandotte
Electro bleach
Niagara Alkali
Niagara Smelting
Brown
Stauffer
Ethyl
Methieson Chemical

Contact me OFF LIST at suvcworr@...

Rich Orr

Stic Harris

I'd take the Brown and Niagara Alkali if they're still available.
Shipping to 20871.

Let me know,

Stic Harris

Sent from Stic's iPad

On Apr 28, 2017, at 14:31, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

After filling all the pre-orders and having a few canceled, I have the following BLI 6K tank cars remaining.

Cost is $25 each plus priority mail shipping.  I take personal checks, money orders, Paypal with a 3% charge to cover the Paypal fees.

Quantity is 1 of each car

Wyandotte
Electro bleach
Niagara Alkali
Niagara Smelting
Brown
Stauffer
Ethyl
Methieson Chemical

Contact me OFF LIST at suvcworr@...

Rich Orr

Stic Harris

Apologies for the spam to everyone.

Best,

Stic

Sent from Stic's iPad

On Apr 28, 2017, at 15:28, Stic Harris <sticdvm@...> wrote:

[...]

golden1014

Hi Rich, got any of those cars left?  John Golden

SUVCWORR@...

Sorry, John.  They are gone and I checked with BLI the run is sold out.

Rich

Hi Rich, got any of those cars left?  John Golden

SUVCWORR@...

Mea culpa for the reply to the whole list

Rich Orr

Sorry, John.  They are gone and I checked with BLI the run is sold out.

Rich

Hi Rich, got any of those cars left?  John Golden

Tim O'Connor

It's good they sold out so fast, because that probably guarantees future releases.
Hopefully the next run will have paint schemes for people who model after 1950 ...
... and 1960 ...

Tim O'

Sorry, John.  They are gone and I checked with BLI the run is sold out.

Rich

spsalso

I surely wouldn't mind buying some Hooker-Tacoma cars.  If they existed.

Ed

Edward Sutorik

Fritz Milhaupt

Since the BLI 6K tank cars have hit the streets, I'm curious to hear the reaction from anybody who bought the Hooker Chemical four-pack.

I came across a set at a hobby shop yesterday. At first I thought that I'd had a stroke of luck, but pretty quickly decided against buying them. The orange looked to me like a washed-out shade of fluorescent orange. The silver lettering didn't have enough contrast to avoid getting lost in it. The whole effect was like the colors were washed out. Granted, I didn't take any out of the box to see whether that improved my impression.

I know that we discussed the colors used on these cars before, but does the paint on these cars match any of the known/documented schemes in hue, tone and intensity?

-Fritz Milhaupt

riverman_vt@...

---In STMFC@..., <fmilhaupt@...> wrote :

Since the BLI 6K tank cars have hit the streets, I'm curious to hear the reaction from anybody who bought the Hooker Chemical four-pack.

I came across a set at a hobby shop yesterday. At first I thought that I'd had a stroke of luck, but pretty quickly decided against buying them. The orange looked to me like a washed-out shade of fluorescent orange. The silver lettering didn't have enough contrast to avoid getting lost in it. The whole effect was like the colors were washed out. Granted, I didn't take any out of the box to see whether that improved my impression.

I know that we discussed the colors used on these cars before, but does the paint on these cars match any of the known/documented schemes in hue, tone and intensity?

-Fritz Milhaupt

Hi Fritz,

   I can't comment on the Hooker cars as I have not seen them and they are too late
a paint job for me with a cut-off date of 12-1948. Courtesy of another member of this
list I do have a Brown Co. car from Variety Pack A and was impressed enough with
it to pick up Variety Pack B. First I was pleased to find a new style of four pack, which
is what several of us asked BLI to provide after the disaster with the NYC box cars 4
packs all being placed in a non-dividable package. The new packaging is as good as
any we have seen and quite a bit better than most. I did not find the issues with paint
and lettering that you speak of at all on any of the cars I have. Frankly, I think they
are some of the best done and best painted and lettered models in HO I have seen.
I have not brought out my calipers to check all dimensions but am very happy to live
with these cars as received......unless someone finds a major flaw I am unaware of.
Frankly, I really don't think that is going to happen with these cars.

Cordially, Don Valentine

I have lived in and around Buffalo NY since I was born in 1942.  We would go to Niagara Falls frequently.  We grew up watching trains in Angola NY.  Orange tank cars with Hooker lettering were very common.  I bought one of the new BLI tank cars.  I find nothing objectionable about the color.  Keep in mind that paint fades, for one thing, paint colors can vary widely from one to another, even from the same manufacturer, and that the Hooker cars were always in a chemical environment which certainly affected the color of the tank cars just as it affected, in some cases, the environment in which the people worked and lived.  I am by no means an expert on Hooker tank cars but I think I can say with some authority that in a cut of Hooker cars, real ones, in a real train, no two might have been identical.