From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 6:27 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Help on tank colors - GATX 68508

FYI needed for this marriage is one Undec Tangent Gen. Amer. Acid Tank Car kit 13000-01 and one Red Caboose 8K welded tank.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Rats Steve you are correct. Foiled once again trying to figure a use that that dang tank as I know I am not going to try to put a see-thru metal running board on the Red Caboose underframe. Oh well.

Bill Welch

Tom Madden

---In STMFC@..., <shile@...> wrote :

> Sadly, the Red Caboose tank is 10,000 gallons.  I wonder if Tom Madden
> would consider casting an 8000 gallon welded tank?

Sure - if someone wants to prepare a master pattern.

Tom Madden

Steve and Barb Hile

Sometimes, it pays to check things BEFORE shooting off one's mouth.  According to the 1955 Tank Car Tariff, GATX 68508 IS a 10000 gallon welded tank, with an actual capacity of 10141 gallons!

So, depending upon the lengths of the Tangent underframe and the Red Caboose tank, Bill's "marriage" might be possible.

Sorry of any confusion.

Steve Hile