Topics

6 dome insulated tank car with tiny dome valves

gary laakso

These are the smallest tank dome valves that I have seen:

https://donstrack.smugmug.com/UtahRails/Emil-Albrecht-Photos/1947-Oct-Salt-Lake-City-and/i-MnrhF9h/A

Gary Laakso

south of Mike Brock

Jeff Coleman

Those look like Midland safety vents rather than safety valves to me.
Jeff Coleman

On Jun 10, 2017 11:29 AM, "'gary laakso' vasa0vasa@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

These are the smallest tank dome valves that I have seen:

https://donstrack.smugmug.com/UtahRails/Emil-Albrecht-Photos/1947-Oct-Salt-Lake-City-and/i-MnrhF9h/A

Gary Laakso

south of Mike Brock

Tom Madden

Owl Mountain Models offers them in HO as 2" Frangible Tank Car Vents in both top mount and side mount versions.

http://www.owlmtmodels.com/detail_parts/detail_parts.html

Tom Madden

Tony Thompson

gary laakso wrote:

These are the smallest tank dome valves that I have seen:

   They aren't valves, they are vents, with frangible disks.They were permitted with non-regulated commodities such as wine, vegetable oil, and others. See my blog post:

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history