Topics

YVRR layout video on YouTube...

Jack Burgess

Last month, a two-person crew from TSG Media videoed my layout in High-def over several days. The video follows a freight train (required freight car stuff) from Merced to El Portal. It has now been uploaded to YouTube at

https://youtu.be/EHGkZHLqALY

Jack Burgess

Scott

That was great Jack! I figured I would watch a few minutes of it and ended up watching the whole thing.

Fantastic layout.

Scott McDonald

Jack Burgess

Thanks Scott...your experience mirrors a member of our YV Yahoo chat list. He said "I saw your post regarding the video and clicked the link. I noticed that it was 40+ minutes and said to myself “I’ll watch a little of this now before I get to work on my chores today”. Once I started it however there was no turning back and watched the whole thing through."

Jack

On 2017-06-12 6:32 am, Tony Thompson tony@... [STMFC] wrote:

Jack Burgess wrote:

Last month, a two-person crew from TSG Media videoed my layout in High-def over several days. The video follows a freight train (required freight car stuff) from Merced to El Portal. It has now been uploaded to YouTube at

    Great presentation by you, Jack, and a terrific job by TSG. Just an excellent video. Couldn't ask for much more.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

Jack Burgess

That visit must have been during the 2000 San Jose NMRA Convention. Thanks for the kind comments Al.

Jack

Jack – Great stuff! I fondly remember visiting you with Richard Hendrickson and being so impressed with your work. Your writings on researching the YV taught me the skills to do the same for several of my projects. Thanks. – Al

Last month, a two-person crew from TSG Media videoed my layout in High-def over several days. The video follows a freight train (required freight car stuff) from Merced to El Portal. It has now been uploaded to YouTube at

https://youtu.be/EHGkZHLqALY

Jack Burgess

Jack Burgess

They were great to work with.

Jack

Last month, a two-person crew from TSG Media videoed my layout in High-def
over several days. The video follows a freight train (required freight car
stuff) from Merced to El Portal. It has now been uploaded to YouTube at

https://youtu.be/EHGkZHLqALY

Great presentation by you, Jack, and a terrific job by TSG. Just an
excellent video. Couldn't ask for much more.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com

Publishers of books on railroad history

vapeurchapelon

I have to second this. Jack, congratulations - this is really fantastic and likely the highest achievable level of accuracy!

Johannes, raising the hat

Gesendet: Montag, 12. Juni 2017 um 00:31 Uhr
Von: "repairman87@... [STMFC]"
An: STMFC@...
Betreff: [STMFC] Re: YVRR layout video on YouTube...

That was great Jack! I figured I would watch a few minutes of it and ended up watching the whole thing.

Fantastic layout.

Scott McDonald

Jack Burgess

Thanks Johannes!

Jack

Gesendet: Montag, 12. Juni 2017 um 00:31 Uhr
Von: "repairman87@hotmail.com [STMFC]" <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
An: STMFC@yahoogroups.com

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 6/12/2017 8:33 AM, 'Jack Burgess' jack@... [STMFC] wrote:
RJ…Your comments gave me a chuckle. After the final post-production, the videographer brought a Blu-ray copy over and we watched it on our large screen TV. It is impressive when a train runs by and one of my 4” long box cars is projected 3’ long!

Jack

Jack,

    I would like to get a Blu-ray copy.  Where can these be purchased?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

patti and stan schweitzer <psschweitzer@...>

I have to say that this video of your layout is one of if not the best I have seen.  But, having seen your layout in person, I can say that there is a lot more to your layout that does not show in the video.
Stan Schweitzer

Gesendet: Montag, 12. Juni 2017 um 00:31 Uhr
Von: "repairman87@... [STMFC]"
An: STMFC@...

That was great Jack! I figured I would watch a few minutes of it and ended up watching the whole thing.

Fantastic layout.

Scott McDonald

Jack Burgess

Let me find out.

Jack

RJ…Your comments gave me a chuckle. After the final post-production, the videographer brought a Blu-ray copy over and we watched it on our large screen TV. It is impressive when a train runs by and one of my 4” long box cars is projected 3’ long!

Jack

Jack,

I would like to get a Blu-ray copy. Where can these be purchased?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Scott

Ted Yorks Cajon Layout would be fun to see too.

Scott McDonald.

WILLIAM PARDIE

Second that!  Or a revisit to John Gray's

Bill Pardie

Ted Yorks Cajon Layout would be fun to see too.

Scott McDonald.

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <repairman87@...> wrote :

Ted Yorks Cajon Layout would be fun to see too.

Scott McDonald.
I ought to chime in and say I also enjoyed seeing Jack's layout. I already knew the layout was well thought out, and Jack's modeling is excellent, but the video work was also superb.

Now that we are suggesting other projects, I'd like to see the same sort of coverage on Bill Darnaby's Maumee Route.

Dennis Storzek

Jack Burgess

John and Dan live here in the Bay Area and have a very limited budget for these projects since they don’t sell copies like Allen Keller did.

Jack