Rapido boxcar

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

    Any word on the current progress on the boxcar?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941

SUVCWORR@...

Still scheduled for 2017 delivery.  Pre-production samples have been received

http://rapidotrains.com/ho-np-boxcar/

The order deadline is still TBA.

I am still accepting reservations and will break the 4 packs if I have sufficient reservations to make that feasible.

Rich Orr

    Any word on the current progress on the boxcar?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax  Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Jon Miller <atsfus@...>

On 6/16/2017 1:56 PM, SUVCWORR@... [STMFC] wrote:
will break the 4 packs

    Rapido site seems to indicate the cars come individually if ordered that way?

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax  Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Brian LaManna

List,

According to Rapido's delivery schedule, the NP boxcar is currently slotted for a Spring '18 delivery.  They're currently at the second sample phase.
http://rapidotrains.com/new-product-delivery-schedule/

Cheers,

Brian LaManna/Moncton, NB

On 6/17/2017 10:14 AM, Brian LaManna brianlamanna@... [STMFC] wrote:
NP boxcar is currently slotted for a Spring '18 delivery.

    Thanks, for some reason I had never looked at the delivery schedule.  Probably because I didn't find it easily.

    I'm guessing they had a lot of rework to do.  I remember the maker seemed to think they didn't need wire grabs, thought they could do it in plastic.

--
Jon Miller
For me time stopped in 1941
Digitrax  Chief/Zephyr systems,
SPROG, JMRI User
NMRA Life member #2623
Member SFRH&MS

Nelson Moyer

The NP car still has several problems to fix , e.g. wire end sill grab on right and oversized plastic grab on the left side, unsightly end ladders, grossly oversized uncoupling lever with oddly shaped handle, and huge eyebolt on latitudinal grab. I hope they will be able to communicate these issues to the Chinese and get them right.

Nelson Moyer