Shippers Guides For Sale

Ted Schnepf

Hello Everyone,

My website has been upgraded to show all the recent Shippers Guides that are available.

The page is here: http://railsunlimited.ribbonrail.com/Books/shippers.html

Recent additions are Pennsylvania RR, New York Central RR (including Pittsburgh and Lake Erie), Reading RR, New Haven, Western Pacific, Denver Rio Grande, and Icing Stations. There are also directories from Chicago Switching District, RI (2 ea), UP, C&EI, MP, Milw (2 each), GN and CNW. All are on hand an ready to ship.

These shippers guides are very useful for historical research and for preparing accurate waybills for a model railroad. All have a comb binding, allowing them to lay flat when in use.

I will have all these shippers guides with me at the St Louis RPM coming up in 7 days. See you there.

Ted

Rails Unlimited
Ted Schnepf
railsunl@sbcglobal.net
847-697-5353
126 Will Scarlet
Elgin, Ill. 60120
http://RailsUnlimited.ribbonrail.com/

Model Railroad Sales and Service with
a personal touch.
Books new and used. HO and O scales.
DCC supplies. O scale urethane cars.
Photos and darkroom services.
Checks, cash (0%) or credit (secure server at web site 5% added).

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

The referenced WP "shippers' guide" (CIRCULAR 167-E) is actually an internal document rather than the usual industrial directory. It probably was regularly updated with mimeographed inserts. The alleged 1957 version (based on what is missing after the early 1957 abandonment of the Oakland line) is the only one I have encountered. That said, it is filled with tons of useful information. Mine was copied from an original in the CSRM library, and cost me some $60. The listed price of the reprint is well worthwhile.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 6/16/17 7:39 PM, Ted Schnepf railsunl@... [STMFC] wrote:
�

[...]