Topics

Reboxx products

Jared Harper

I went on their website about two weeks ago to submit an order, my second try, and have not received a reply.

Jared Harper
Athens, GA

---In STMFC@..., <danspachmd@...> wrote :

Reboxx is in business, and they respond in like fashion. Their website is antiquated, but works. I ordered in recent months wheelsets and complex fitted replacement foam, and in each instance received exactly what I ordered in timely fashion.

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento

Denny Anspach

Reboxx is in business, and they respond in like fashion. Their website is antiquated, but works. I ordered in recent months wheelsets and complex fitted replacement foam, and in each instance received exactly what I ordered in timely fashion.

Denny S. Anspach MD
Sacramento

spsalso

I had my first dealings with Reboxx about 2 months ago, over the phone.  I first bought their sample pack, then I used that to figure out my order.

The person on the phone was very helpful.  There was no hint in the conversation that Reboxx was "disappearing".

I paid by credit card and got my stuff.

I don't think this operation is big enough to have someone covering the phone all the time.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the owner/operators had actual lives.  Other than selling little bitty wheels.

In fact, the follow-on "main" order was done completely through e-mail, as they then had my credit card on file (with my permission).

Ed

Edward Sutorik

Ted Culotta

Here is what I know although the news is a year old:

About 18 months ago, I called and emailed Reboxx about a dealer account (for wheelsets) and received no response. Finally, last spring (2016), I was contacted and advised that I could sign up and order wheelsets. I dropped the ball, but did see Reboxx at the Enfield, CT RPM. We briefly discussed my communications and the result was the same. I could order wheelsets and the ball was IN MY COURT. As can happen when there are many projects and priorities, I did nothing. I was hopeful I would see them at this year's Enfield meet, but they did not attend (even if they were scheduled to attend, the passing of the brother of the founder of Reboxx just prior to the meet would have put the kibosh on that anyway). Also, J.P. Barger, the founder, had turned things over to his grandsons a couple years back. I have no insight into their level of interest in the business or other career plans and aspirations they harbor that might make Reboxx tenuous at best. I think it is still a going concern, but persistence is required to get product.

Cheers,
Ted Culotta

I have a close friend who is a Reboxx dealer.  He and I are collectors of HO and O brass models.  He has told me that Reboxx is no longer producing any of the products used for the storage and shipping of brass models.  Many of the boxes and foam insert sets are sold out.  Based on that fact, it is highly likely that the Reboxx wheels are no longer in production.  I will ask him to verify that one way or the other.  Hugh T Guillaume