New York Central's "USRA" Steel Boxcar Roofs

Bill Welch

I know that many of the NYC's USRA cars received a rectangular panel roof to replace the original roof. Were any of these rebuilt with the Diagonal Panel roof?

Bill Welch

Benjamin Hom

Bill Welch asked:
"I know that many of the NYC's USRA cars received a rectangular panel roof to replace the original roof. Were any of these rebuilt with the Diagonal Panel roof?"

Absolutely.  The Broadway Limited model represents these cars.  Here's proof of both roofs:

Ben Hom

Benjamin Hom

Bill Welch asked:

I wrote:
"Absolutely.  The Broadway Limited model represents these cars.  Here's proof of both roofs:
http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/shot%20of%20mo/shotofmonthmain.html

This time with direct link:

Ben Hom

John Barry

Ben,

I see lots of NYC cars, but didn't see any diagonal panels, did I miss something.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA

707-490-9696

PO Box 44736
Washington, DC 20026-4736

I wrote:
"Absolutely.  The Broadway Limited model represents these cars.  Here's proof of both roofs:
http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/shot%20of%20mo/shotofmonthmain.html

This time with direct link:

Ben Hom

vapeurchapelon

John,

tha car just in front of #120552 has a diagonal panel roof.

Johannes

I wrote:
"Absolutely.  The Broadway Limited model represents these cars.  Here's proof of both roofs:
http://www.steamerafreightcars.com/gallery/shot%20of%20mo/shotofmonthmain.html

This time with direct link:

Ben Hom

Benjamin Hom

John Barry asked:
"I see lots of NYC cars, but didn't see any diagonal panels, did I miss something."

It's right under your nose.  First car in the cut on the left in the foreground.

Ben Hom

John Barry

Thanks,  I needed to scroll down to see that.   Too new for me in 44 though.

John Barry

ATSF North Bay Lines
Golden Gates & Fast Freights
Lovettsville, VA