nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite hopper)

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

We get nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite hopper)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/16225934465/sizes/o/

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Eric Hansmann

That is a nice shot!

It looks like a Berwind hopper behind the tender and possibly a Cambria &
Indiana hopper next. I'm basing this on the herald locations and could be
mistaken.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

We get nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite
hopper)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/16225934465/sizes/o/

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Friends,

I don't see a brake wheel on the Rock Island auto car. Does it have some sort of ratchet device? Neat 3/3 ends.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 8/11/17 3:54 PM, 'Eric Hansmann' eric@... [STMFC] wrote:
�

That is a nice shot!

It looks like a Berwind hopper behind the tender and possibly a Cambria &
Indiana hopper next. I'm basing this on the herald locations and could be
mistaken.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

We get nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite
hopper)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/16225934465/sizes/o/

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

And a CNW gray reefer ahead of the RI

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

We get nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite
hopper)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/16225934465/sizes/o/

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

thecitrusbelt@...

Hi, Claus -

Thank you for posting these photo links.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Ray Breyer

D&H Seley hopper alert! This is one of the cars that the D&H rebuilt in 1936-1937 (you can tell by the car number), but which escaped getting new trucks and "clear vision" ends.

(Dr. Dave's as-built model will work for this version)

Ray Breyer
Elgin, IL

We get nice views of RI 160058 (40ft SS auto box) and D&H 1-326 (composite
hopper)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/16225934465/sizes/o/

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Eric Hansmann" <eric@...>

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    STMFC-digest@...
    STMFC-fullfeatured@...

rwitt_2000

Brian Ehni wrote "And a CNW gray reefer ahead of the RI"

Yes, enlarging the image one can read "North Western" on the side and see the emblem better.

It is a very nice shot. Does anyone known the location?

Bob Witt

rwitt_2000

Garth Groff wrote; "I don't see a brake wheel on the Rock Island auto car. Does it have some sort of ratchet device?"

Yes, it appears to have some sort of power hand brake mechanism, but the resolution is insufficient to resolve it. Gene Green may know.

Regards,

Bob Witt

Allan Smith

Train Shed #3 page 136-137 show these cars and the hand brake lever.

Al Smith
Sonora Ca