Shorpy image with railroads in the front.

Schuyler Larrabee

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote :

http://www.shorpy.com/node/22446?size=_original#caption

======================

I like the folding stacks on Pacific No.2... And the high speed switching operation in the foreground... The cars are a blur :-)

Dennis Storzek

Schuyler Larrabee

Dennis, I think in 1912 that’s not high speed switching, it’s really slow film speed.

Schuyler

---In STMFC@..., wrote :

http://www.shorpy.com/node/22446?size=_original#caption

I like the folding stacks on Pacific No.2... And the high speed switching operation in the foreground... The cars are a blur :-)

Dennis Storzek

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote :

Dennis, I think in 1912 that’s not high speed switching, it’s really slow film speed.

Schuyler

Yeah, ASA 2.

Dennis Storzek

Jeff Shultz <jeff@...>

I think I heard someone yell, 'Kick 'em!"

--
Jeff Shultz
Error: Pithy Saying Generator not installed

SUVCWORR@...

The folding stacks were to clear the low hanging bridges.

The photo is the P&LE freight house along Carson St and currently immediately northwest of Station Square the site of the former P&LE passenger station and corporate HQ

Rich Orr

I like the folding stacks on Pacific No.2... And the high speed switching operation in the foreground... The cars are a blur :-)

Dennis Storzek

Larry Smith

The American Queen, a passenger cruise riverboat has folding stacks and is operating today.  They lower the stacks for not only bridges but for power lines.

Larry Smith

Tim O'Connor

What is the date of the image? I can't even make out if any of the
tall buildings is the Carnegie building, the city's first "skyscraper"
(1893) and now there are dozens of them! But I see only a handful of
early autos, and a bunch of horses and carts. Maybe around 1910?
What a photo!

Schuyler Larrabee

Somewhere it says 1912.

Schuyler

What is the date of the image? I can't even make
out if any of the
tall buildings is the Carnegie building, the
city's first "skyscraper"
(1893) and now there are dozens of them! But I see
only a handful of
early autos, and a bunch of horses and carts.
Maybe around 1910?
What a photo!

http://www.shorpy.com/node/22446?size=_original#ca
ption

Schuyler

Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;)

Hi List Members,

An enjoyable image indeed.

Are those milk cans on the platform in the lower right of the image?

Claus Schlund