F&C's Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 question

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bill;

Also, IIRC, the HO trucks (2F-F2 and later 2F-F3 (both "Buckeye", but different load limits) were bagged under the Crown Custom Products label, as well.

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 2:11 PM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [STMFC] F&C's Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 question

Bill,

Railworks has been out of business for many years, but these cars and trucks show up on eBay and at the PRRT&HS annual meeting with some frequency.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

Blockedhttps://www5.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Sep 5, 2017, at 11:03 AM, fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com <mailto:fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com> [STMFC] <STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

Based on Rich's tabulation it seems like the F33 would be a better choice. I just did search for Railworks and did not find anything relevant. Are the brass trucks from Railwoarks?

Bill Welch

Bruce Smith

Bill,

Railworks has  been out of business for many years, but these cars and trucks show up on eBay and at the PRRT&HS annual meeting with some frequency.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            

Auburn, AL

https://www5.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Sep 5, 2017, at 11:03 AM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Based on Rich's tabulation it seems like the F33 would be a better choice. I just did search for Railworks and did not find anything relevant. Are the brass trucks from Railwoarks?

Bill Welch

gary laakso

The July, 2010 issue of RMC has an article by Kris Kollar on modeling the F 33 using the F&C kit and it includes modifying the trucks.

Gary Laakso

Northwest of Mike Brock

Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:04 AM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] F&C's Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 question

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Gatwood, Elden J SAD

Bill;

Let me know if you need some pics.

Elden Gatwood

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@yahoogroups.com [mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:22 AM
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [STMFC] F&C's Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 question

Bill, Folks,

The F29 and F33 are also available from F&C, as well as all 3 (F28. F29 and F33) being available from Railworks in brass in HO. In addition, extra trucks are available in brass if you wish to equip your F&C flat with brass trucks instead of the resin trucks in the kit.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

Blockedhttps://www5.vetmed.auburn.edu/~smithbf/

"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield."

On Sep 5, 2017, at 10:19 AM, fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com <mailto:fgexbill@tampabay.rr.com> [STMFC] <STMFC@yahoogroups.com <mailto:STMFC@yahoogroups.com> > wrote:

Well having failed so far to make any substantive contribution to the GS build I have demonstrated I am not very reliable.

The F28 is attractive to me because it looks rather massive and busy. Bruce your message implies there are models for F29 and F33. Looks like I need to do more research.

Thank you Bruce and Rich.

Bill Welch

Bruce Smith

Bill, Folks,

The F29 and F33 are also available from F&C, as well as all 3 (F28. F29 and F33) being available from Railworks in brass in HO.  In addition, extra trucks are available in brass if you wish to equip your F&C flat with brass trucks instead of the resin trucks in the kit.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            

Auburn, AL

On Sep 5, 2017, at 10:19 AM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Well having failed so far to make any substantive contribution to the GS build I have demonstrated I am not very reliable.

The F28 is attractive to me because it looks rather massive and busy. Bruce your message implies there are models for F29 and F33. Looks like I need to do more research.

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Bill Welch

Bruce Smith

Bill,

Having looked at the kit, this will be one of the easiest resin cars to build because it has something like 10 parts, but I’m SURE you’ll find room to improve the details.

That said, the F28 class consisted of just 2 cars so no, not even close to the most common.  Other cars with larger rosters included the FN (10), FNa (27), F25 (17?), F25a (6), F33 (10), and F37 (20).  

BTW, the PRRPro group is taking on the F28/F29/F33 as our first project for 2018, so that project will start january 1, 2018, if you’d like to join in.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith            

Auburn, AL

On Sep 5, 2017, at 8:46 AM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Curious if anyone here has built or can comment on Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 issued by Funaro & Camerlengo? Was the F28 their most numerous well hole type?

Bill Welch

SUVCWORR@...

Bill,

There were only 2 PRR F28 flats.  

FNa - 27
F25 - 26
F33 - 16
FN - 10
all the others were less than 10

Rich Orr

Bill Welch

Curious if anyone here has built or can comment on Pennsylvania F28 Well Hole Flat Car kit #8450 issued by Funaro & Camerlengo? Was the F28 their most numerous well hole type?

Bill Welch