Building the new Owl Mountain flat car

Tony Thompson

I have posted to my blog a description of building this very fine new kit from Owl Mountain, for an SP "Harriman" flat car. I really like how well the parts go together, and the final product is, to my eye, very handsome. If you're interested in the build, here is a link:

http://modelingthesp.blogspot.com/2017/09/building-owl-mountain-flat-car.html

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@signaturepress.com
Publishers of books on railroad history

Bill Welch

Two questions Tony

1.) are the Sill Steps plastic or metal?

2.) Did the TN&O own any of these?

Bill Welch

Tony Thompson

1.) are the Sill Steps plastic or metal?

       They are gorgeous brass castings. I hope they might be available as parts. I would sure use some.

2.) Did the TN&O own any of these?

Yes, around 500 cars of the early group (classes F-50-5, -8 and -9). The kit has decals for them.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history

owlmtmodels

Bill,

1. The Steps are brass castings, as are the brake wheel and roping staples.

2. Complete Roster is reposted at http://www.owlmtmodels.com/OMM_Aug_2017_News/OMM_August_2017_News.html

Advanced reservations are closing Friday, Sept 15, 2017.  Public release will follow our filling of the advanced reservation orders.

Jason Hill
OwlMtModels, LLC

---In STMFC@..., <fgexbill@...> wrote :

Two questions Tony

1.) are the Sill Steps plastic or metal?

2.) Did the TN&O own any of these?

Bill Welch

Paul Krueger

Did I miss where the price for this kit was posted?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA

Tony Thompson

I was not sure of the final price. If not yet on the Owl Mountain site, it will be.
Tony Thompson

On Sep 14, 2017, at 8:04 PM, kruegerp12@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Did I miss where the price for this kit was posted?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA