SFRD 17558 Rr-25

Tim O'Connor

I love to railfan online - no date but I'm guessing this is at the
very end of the STMFC era (circa 1960). This car was originally rebuilt
in 1939 and later rebuilt again with a plug door and other improvements.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sooliner/6722251403/

Tim O'Connor

Jack Mullen

Tim,

Great find. That's just a wonderful series of photos at State Line Tower, with a lot of trains, really giving a feel for the busyness of this area..  I'd forgotton that the late Bill Raia had albums up in Flickr.  .

My gut feel was this set was sometime in the early '60s. Trying to verify that without a lot of research, the only thing I can offer is that NYC DD boxcar just ahead of the reefer.  The cigar band logo dates from 1959, but the line omitted from the reporting marks dates it later than Sept 18, 1961, per Terry Link's CASO website.

Anyhow, I'm darn sure that Flickr's stupid "Taken on January 16, 2012" is very, very wrong.

Jack Mullen

Schuyler Larrabee

Jack, and others, when you are making a comment on a linked image, PLEASE include the link to the photos you’re talking about., It’s not easy to go back and find the original email, and it’s not hard to do.

Schuyler

Great find. That's just a wonderful series of photos at State Line Tower, with a lot of trains, really giving a feel for the busyness of this area.. I'd forgotton that the late Bill Raia had albums up in Flickr. .

My gut feel was this set was sometime in the early '60s. Trying to verify that without a lot of research, the only thing I can offer is that NYC DD boxcar just ahead of the reefer. The cigar band logo dates from 1959, but the line omitted from the reporting marks dates it later than Sept 18, 1961, per Terry Link's CASO website.

Anyhow, I'm darn sure that Flickr's stupid "Taken on January 16, 2012" is very, very wrong.

Jack Mullen

Schuyler the original post is on the Yahoo web site. It's actually very easy
to find.